Venerable Davis Gymnasium, which currently serves as the home of the Bison volleyball and wrestling teams, housed both the men's and women's basketball teams for 64 years prior to the opening of Sojka Pavilion in 2003.
Dedicated in June 1938, the building was a gift of 20 members of the Bucknell Board of Trustees. It is named for John Warren Davis, an 1896 Bucknell graduate and chairman of the Board of Trustees at the time of dedication. The principal address at the cornerstone-laying ceremony in September 1937 was delivered by former baseball commissioner Judge Kenesaw M. Landis.
Davis Gym has also been the longtime home of the Bison volleyball squad. It also serves as a site for team practices and other recreational activities.
Seating Capacity: 1,100
Surface: Hardwood Floor
Renovated: 2003; floor resurfaced in 2005
Namesake: Named in honor of John Warren Davis, Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Dimensions: The surface features one full-sized basketball court or two smaller side basketball courts. Additionally, there is one full-sized volleyball competition court. Wrestling also uses Davis Gym's 80 feet by 136 feet flooring area (10,880 square feet) as its home.
Six permanent accessible parking spaces located in the KLARC U Parking lot.
- Enter through the main entrance of the Ken Langone Athletics and Recreation Center (automatic doors located to the right).
- For access to the second floor, enter through the main entrance of the Ken Langone Athletics and Recreation Center, head straight toward the Bison Athletics Leadership Wall then turn right to reach the elevator.
- Restrooms located near the elevator on the first floor of the Ken Langone Athletics and Recreation Center, in the Men’s and Women’s restrooms on the first floor of Gerhard Fieldhouse and in the second floor hallway between Davis Gym and Gerhard Fieldhouse.
- Gerhard Fieldhouse boasts no permanent seating. As such, accessible seating is available on the event level or on the balconies overlooking the event floor.
- Davis Gym has accessible seating located on the event floor.