Check Out Construction Updates on the Graham Building!
Whether it is the varsity student-athlete, the intramurals participant or the fitness buff looking for a nice workout, members of the Bucknell community benefit from a wide array of first-class athletics facilities. The completion of the Kenneth Langone Athletics & Recreation Center in 2003 highlighted a facilities boon at Bucknell. Sojka Pavilion, Kinney Natatorium and the Krebs Family Fitness Center are the centerpieces of the sparkling new indoor facility, nicely complementing the renovated Davis Gym and Gerhard Fieldhouse, all of which lie under the same roof.
Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium is the largest of the outdoor facilities, with 13,100 seats surrounding the FieldTurf playing surface and 8-lane track. Holmes Stadium, completed in 2007, is an impressive covered grandstand featuring all chair-back seating, along with the accompanying support facilities (locker rooms, athletic training room, press box, concession/merchandise stand, etc.) that service both Emmitt Field (natural grass for soccer) and Graham Field (AstroTurf for field hockey and women’s lacrosse).
The next phase of the West Fields improvement project includes significant upgrades for baseball and softball. Both diamonds recently received new playing surfaces. FieldTurf at Depew Field (baseball) was laid in time for the start of the 2010 season, while new sod was recently installed in the outfield of Becker Field (softball). Both facilities also now have new dugouts, fencing and scoreboards, as well a brick entry plaza, and fundraising continues for the final phase: new grandstands and press boxes for both venues.
Also located on the western end of campus are numerous grass fields for intramurals and recreation, as well as Bucknell’s own highly regarded 18-hole golf course, the Bucknell Golf Club. Just completed last year on the BGC property is the new Bachman Golf Center, which provides a year-round training center for the Bison golf teams. The Bison rowing team has its own Boathouse located about 10 miles south of campus, along the scenic Susquehanna River. That is the only athletics facility that is not located within a short walk from the center of campus, but the rowing team now has its own brand new erg room next to Davis Gym. The quality and location of these venues makes Bucknell one of the most sports-friendly campuses in the nation.
- Becker Field - Softball
- Bucknell Boathouse - Women's Rowing
- Bucknell Golf Club - Men's and Women's Golf
- Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium - Football, Men's Lacrosse, Men's and Women's Track and Field
- Davis Gym - Volleyball, Wrestling
- Depew Field - Baseball
- Emmitt Field at Holmes Stadium - Men's and Women's Soccer
- Erg Room - Women's Rowing
- Gerhard Fieldhouse - Men's and Women's Track and Field
- Graham Field at Holmes Stadium - Field Hockey, Women's Lacrosse
- Instructional Golf Center - Men's and Women's Golf
- Kenneth Langone Athletics & Recreation Center
- Kinney Natatorium - Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving, Men's and Women's Water Polo
- Sojka Pavilion - Men's and Women's Basketball
- Sports Medicine Center
- Varsity Tennis Courts - Men's and Women's Tennis