NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – After scoring five goals in Friday’s victory over Mount St. Mary’s, the Bucknell women’s soccer team continued its offensive outburst with eight more goals on Sunday to pick up the 8-0 win at Iona at Mazzella Field. Bucknell, who defeated Iona last season by a 5-0 margin, scored four times in the first half and four more times in the second half to improve to 6-0-1 on the year.

The Bison generated 18 shots in the contest, while holding a 9-6 advantage in corner kicks. Bucknell’s last game with at least eight goals came in a 9-0 win over Delaware St. in 2002. The eight goals are also the second-most goals scored in a non-conference road match in program history. The Bison defeated Mount St. Mary’s on the road 12-0 in 1992.

Bucknell took the lead and didn’t look back just 8:30 into the contest. Karli Cirovski knocked in a header off a corner kick from Maddie Dano for her second goal of the season.

The Bison scored their second goal of the afternoon in the 18th minute. Kelsey Witt sent a pass to Maddie Mulford, who blasted a shot from the top of the 18-yard box into the netting for her second score of the year.

Bucknell extended its lead in the 25th minute following a score from Kendall Ham. Coming off a strong performance Friday with her second-career hat trick, Ham found the back of the net off a pass from Alexis Gannon.

In just her second collegiate game, Gabby Bair scored her first career goal right before halftime. Following a corner kick from Cirovski, the ball went off the head of Dano and was deflected to the foot of Bair, who slipped the ball past the goalkeeper for the finish. 

Bucknell remained aggressive in the second half, and extended its lead in the 64th minute. Ham, who’s first career hat trick came against the Gaels last season, split two defenders and slotted the ball between the pipes for her second score of the afternoon and fifth goal of the weekend.

The Bison made it 6-0 in the 83rd minute off the foot of Bair. Bair played a ball off a cross from fellow freshman Lilly Courts that rolled past the keeper for her second goal of the game.

After recording her first career assist, Courts scored her first collegiate goal shortly after. Shelby Roberts had her shot blocked by the keeper, which was kicked out and recycled by Courts in front of the net for the finish.

Just 1:53 later, Camille Andrews found the back of the net for the first time in a Bison uniform, scoring unassisted from 20 yards out.

Bucknell’s back line limited Iona to eight shot attempts, with two of those on-target, for its second-straight shutout and fourth shutout overall this season. While Jessica Ratner started the game in goal for the Bison, freshman Dani Kaufman played the final 26:04, recording two saves.

“Today, our group put 90 minutes of quality soccer together,” said head coach Kelly Cook. “Offensively, we clicked and we capitalized on our chances early. Our defensive unit was solid and kept the sheet clean.”

The Bison open Patriot League play on Sunday (Sept. 18) with a title game rematch at home against three-time defending champion Boston University. Game time is set for 1 p.m. and will broadcast on the Patriot League Network