WOMEN’S TENNIS STAYS HOME FOR MATCH WITH VILLANOVA
Setting the Scene
What: Villanova (6-15, 1-3 Big East) at Bucknell (10-8, 2-3 PL)
When: Tuesday, April 18 – 3:45 p.m.
Where: Bucknell Varsity Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell enters the non-conference match with a 10-8 record and 2-3 mark in the Patriot League.
• The Bison are coming off two matches last week. They picked up a conference victory over Lafayette by a score of 6-1, and followed that up with a 5-0 defeat against Towson.
• Against Lafayette, the Bison managed to sweep the three doubles matches to pick up a point. Michele Urbinati and Paige Leavy earned single victories at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively. Emilie Bush and Danielle Gannon picked up a pair of straight-set wins, and Jill Auteri added a three-set victory.
• The win over Lafayette was the 16th consecutive in the series for Bucknell.
• Leavy leads all Bison with 14 victories on the year, while Madeline Melch’s 10 spring wins are the most on the squad.
• Lauren Fishbein and Urbinati have earned seven victories as a pair in doubles matches during dual play.
• Villanova enters the mid-week contest with a 6-15 record and 1-3 mark in the Big East.
• The Wldcats have a 3-13 mark away from home this season after picking up seven away/neutral wins a year ago.
• Villanova has won three matches in a row and five of its past six. In those five wins, the Wildcats have won by a total score of 33-2.
• The Wildcats have gone 2-2 against Patriot League teams, picking up victories over Lafayette and Loyola but dropping matches against Lehigh and Navy.
Series History with Villanova
• Bucknell leads 13-6 in the all-time series against Villanova. The teams first met in 1995.
• Villanova won 4-3 last season. Mishi Papich had a singles win for Bucknell.
• The Bison will host Army West Point on Saturday at 11 a.m.