This Weekend's Meets
Bucknell (0-0, 0-0 PL) at Bryant (1-0)
When: Friday, October 13 – 6 p.m.
Where: Chace Athletic Center Pool – Smithfield, R.I.
Bucknell (0-0, 0-0 PL) at Boston University (1-0, 1-0 PL)
When: Saturday, October 14 – 1:30 p.m.
Where: Competition Pool – Boston, Mass.
A Look Back at the Last Meet
• Garrett Sommer won the 3-meter dive during Bucknell's first meet against UMBC on Sept. 30.
• The freshman posted a score of 233.63, the ninth best in program history and 45.83 more than the second-place finisher.
• Four other Bison, and two relay teams, raced to runner-up finishes. Sommer also took second in the 1-meter dive while Matt Rakovec was the second swimmer to touch the wall in both the 200 IM and 400 IM.
• Kevin Flynn (200 backstroke) and Mitch Gavars (200 freestyle) were Bucknell's other individual runner-up finishers. The Bison had runner-up finishes in the 200 medley relay and 400 freestyle relay.
• No team scores were kept at this event. This was the 11-straight year Bucknell faced UMBC in its first meet.
Bucknell at a Glance
• In 2016-17, the Bison finished 4-6 (4-3 Patriot League). They placed fourth (429 points) at the 10-team Patriot League Championship and 10th (134 points) at the 21-team ECAC Championship.
• Louis Behnen (1st), Chris Devlin (1st) and Jack Robinson (2nd) were Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League honorees.
• Devlin was also named the Male Swimmer of the Meet for the second-straight season after leading all swimmers with 58 points. Of Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League picks, only Devlin returns in 2017-18.
• The Bison have never finished lower than fourth at the Patriot League Championship.
• Bucknell's meet against Boston University opens its 2017-18 Patriot League calendar.
New Additions to Bucknell's Top 10
• Garrett Sommer: 9th in the 3-meter dive (233.63)
Bryant at a Glance/Series History
• The Bulldogs toppled Boston College, 161-137, in their season opener on Oct. 6 in Smithfield, R.I.
• Bryant won nine of the 16 races. Ben Schulte placed first in a team-best three events.
• Bryant finished 4-4-1 in 2016-17. The Bulldogs placed third at the NEC Championships, recording 469.5 points.
• At the NEC Championships, Schulte won the 100 breaststroke, 200 breaststroke and 200 IM. He also helped the Bulldogs win their first ever gold medal in the 200 medley relay.
• Schulte competed for Guam at the 2016 Olympics in Rio. He swam the 100 breaststroke and was Guam's flag bearer during the opening ceremonies.
• This is Bucknell's first dual meet against Bryant.
Boston University at a Glance/Series History
• The Terriers downed Lehigh, 166.5-117.5, in their season and Patriot League opener on Oct. 7.
• Boston University finished atop the podium in 11 events. Trevor Winnans led the way, taking first in the 200 freestyle, 100 freestyle and 400 freestyle relay.
• Boston University posted a 7-4 (3-1 PL) record in 2016-17. The Terriers placed third at the Patriot League Championship with 498.5 points.
• Garrett Chin and Winans were tabbed to the All-Patriot League First Team. Chin's First Team nod was the third of his collegiate career.
• Daniel Andronov and Cameron Schoffstall made the All-Patriot League Second Team. Of Boston University's 2017 All-Patriot League honorees, only Andronov graduated.
• The Terriers lead the all-time series, 2-1. All three meetings occurred after 2014, the year after Boston University joined the Patriot League. The Bison won the first meeting, which occurred in Lewisburg.