Setting the Scene
What: Nittany Lion Challenge
When: Saturday, January 14, 2017
Where: Multi-Sport Facility and Horace Ashenfelter III Indoor Track, State College, Pa.
About the Bison/Last Time Out
- The Bison are set for their first road meet of the season.
- Bucknell won 11 events in a triangular meet against UMBC and Lafayette at Gerhard Fieldhouse.
- Kaitlin Salisbury earned her first win of the year in the long jump with a leap of 17-4 ¾.
- Ella Schultz won the shot put for the first time this season, posting a 44-8.
- Molly Montalvo won the individual title in the weight throw with a toss of 51-3.
- Lauren Hudson won the high jump with a leap of 5-3 ¾.
- Chloe Brown won the Pole Vault, clearing 10-8.
- Margaret Thomson picked up her first victory of the year, winning the mile with a time of 5:12.09.
- Lindsay Schafer won the 3000-meter by clocking in a 10:37.35 split.
- The Bison also won the 60H, 1000m, 600m, and triple jump events.
- A team comprised of Jennifer Dietrich, Meaghan Shewbrooks, Cayleigh Glew, and Tiara Tardy won the sprint medley relay with a time of 4:11.52.
- Below is a list of schools competing at the Nittany Lion Challenge:
- #23 Penn State
- #14 Iowa State
- Virginia Tech
- #24 Villanova
- Point Park
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
“After a nice rust buster last week, we are going to compete in a much more intense meet. It is a non-scored meet and still very early in the season, so expectations of PR’s are not there yet, but we do need to step up our game as we go against some of the top rated programs on the East Coast. We are excited to be in a meet of this caliber.”
- Bucknell returns to action Jan. 20 to compete in the Gulden Invitational at Gerhard Fieldhouse. The third of five indoor home meets.