Women's Track and Field Hosts Bucknell Tune-Up on Friday
Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell Tune-Up
When: Friday, February 9, 2018
Where: Gerhard Fieldhouse – Lewisburg, Pa.
About the Bison/Last Time Out
- With one week to go before the Patriot League Indoor Championships, the Bison will host their fifth meet of the year.
- Bucknell returns to action after competing in the Scarlet and White Invitational on Saturday.
- Christine Bendzinski set a school record in the mile for a second consecutive week by running a 4:43.12 in the mile.
- Jennifer Dietrich finished the 400m in 57.20 and moved up to ninth on Bucknell’s all-time top-10 list.
- Tiara Tardy continued her stellar freshman campaign and ran a great 800m race. She clocked in a 2:10.27 split, which ranks as the third-fastest time in program history on the all-time list.
- Jenna Farmer set a new personal best in the 1,000m (2:52.52) to qualify for IC4A. She placed fifth in the event.
- Bucknell Ranks 14th in the Mid-Atlantic Region
Last Year at Bucknell Tune-Up
- Bucknell won nine events at last season’s Bucknell Tune-Up.
- Kafilat Oladiran (60 hurdles), Laura Papili (400m), Emma Harris (800m), Chloe Brown (pole vault), and Alexis Auman (triple jump) each won their respective event.
- Christine Bendzinski (mile, 3,000m)
- Colleen Buckley (mile, 3,000m, 1,000m)
- Gianna Mincone (1,000m)
- Tiara Tardy (800m, 1,000m)
- 4X400 relay
- 4x800 Relay
Weekly Awards Won by the Bison
- Christine Bendzinski (Jan 28.) – Patriot League Female Track/ Bison Athlete of the Week
- Tiara Tardy (Jan 28.) – Patriot League Female Rookie of the Week
- The Bison will compete in the Patriot League Indoor Championships, looking to win their fourth straight title.