Setting the Scene
What: Men’s Tennis Spring Trip to California
When: Sunday, March 11 – Wednesday, March 14
Sunday March 11
1 p.m. | at UC San Diego | Northview Tennis Courts (San Diego, Calif.)
Monday, March 12
12:30 p.m. | at UC Riverside | SRC Tennis Courts (Riverside, Calif.)
6:30 p.m. | at Point Loma Nazarene | PLNU Tennis Courts (San Diego, Calif.) | Watch Live
Wednesday, March 14
1:30 p.m. | at Cypress College| Cypress College Tennis Center (Cypress, Calif.)
9:30 p.m. | at Pepperdine | Ralph-Straus Center (Malibu, Calif.) | Watch Live
About the Bison
• Bucknell is coming off a 1-1 weekend with a 6-1 win over Siena and a 6-1 loss to Drexel.
• The Bison won five of six singles matches against Siena, receiving victories from Daniel Wright, Andrei Vitiuc, Max McDonald, Max Garramone, and Adrien Crastes.
• Colin Sacco was the lone Bucknell winner against Drexel with a 6-3, 6-3 decision on court six. He improved to 12-8 during the fall and spring seasons combined.
• Bucknell is making a spring break trip to California for the second straight year. The Bison had wins over UC San Diego and Point Loma Nazarene during that trip.
Scouting the Opponents
• UC San Diego is 6-2 and is ranked 18th in the nation in Division II. The Tritons have won six straight matches, including two against Division I opponents (Villanova and Boston University).
• UC Riverside is 7-10 after three straight wins over Youngstown State, Boston University, and Villanova. Vignesh Subramanyan is 7-1 while playing on courts five and six.
• Point Loma Nazarene is 5-4 after three straight wins over Westmont, Western New Mexico, and Holy Names. Thomas Dafcik is 7-2 while playing all of his matches on court one.
• Cypress College is 6-4 after a 6-3 win over Saddleback. The Chargers went 18-7 last season.
• Pepperdine is 2-8 after losses to Oklahoma State and Boise State. The Waves went 13-10 last season.
Series History with the Opponents
• Bucknell won 4-3 in its first ever match against UC San Diego last season. Daniel Wright, Andrei Vitiuc, Max McDonald, and Ben Gerber had singles wins.
• UC Riverside is 1-0 against the Bison with a 6-1 victory last season.
• The Bison are 1-0 against Point Loma Nazarene after a 4-3 win last season. McDonald, Gerber, and Colin Sacco had singles victories.
• Cypress is 1-0 against Bucknell with a 5-2 win last season.
• Bucknell and Pepperdine will play for the first time in program history.
• Bucknell will play Michigan State and Penn State in State College on Sunday, March 18.