LEWISBURG, Pa. – The Bucknell women's lacrosse team will host Marist on Wednesday before beginning Patriot League action at American on Sunday.
Marist (2-3, 0-0 MAAC) vs. Bucknell (1-4, 0-0 Patriot League)
When: Wednesday, March 14 – 1 p.m.
Where: Graham Field at Holmes Stadium – Lewisburg, Pa.
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
Follow on Twitter: @Bucknell_WLAX
Bucknell (1-4, 0-0 Patriot League) vs. American (3-4, 0-0 Patriot League)
When: Sunday, March 18 – 1 p.m.
Where: Jacobs Field – Washington, D.C.
Internet Video: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: AUEagles.com
Follow on Twitter: @Bucknell_WLAX
Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bucknell women's lacrosse team is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2018. Established in 1978, the program has compiled a 209-385 all-time record.
• The Bison are currently 1-4 (0-0 Patriot League) on the season. Their Wednesday game against Marist will be their second-to-last nonconference contest; they are set to open Patriot League action at American on Sunday.
• In 2017, Bucknell went 9-8 (4-5 Patriot League). The Bison, who finished sixth in the Patriot League a year ago, were picked to place in the same spot in 2018, as voted on by the league’s coaches and sports information directors in the preseason poll.
• Bucknell's captains are seniors Katherine Doyle, Sarah Galzerano and Mary Margaret Kenney.
• The Bison need to replace both of their 2017 All-Patriot League honorees in midfielder Maddy Molinari and defender Annie Gilbertson. A year ago, Molinari led Bucknell with 37 goals, 11 more than the next player, while Gilbertson paced the Patriot League in caused turnovers per game (2.12).
• Remington Steele was named the Bucknell women's lacrosse team's 12th head coach in August 2017. This is his first collegiate head coaching position.
Inside the George Washington Box Score
• Bucknell rallied back from a 9-1 deficit to make it an 11-7 game with 12:16 remaining in regulation, but George Washington held on for a 16-9 victory on March 10.
• Freshman Eve Calabria came off the bench to record the first five points of her collegiate career, netting four goals and assisting on the Tegan Warren strike that trimmed the Colonials' advantage to four. All of her points came in the second half.
• Morgan Steinhacker also had a multi-goal outing against George Washington, finding the back of the net twice in 22 seconds early in the second half. It was her second multi-goal outing of the season; during Bucknell's home opener against Villanova, she recorded four.
• Erika Stube paced the Bison with two caused turnovers while Callie DeWitt collected a team-high five ground balls.
• Jamie DeWitt finished with 12 saves, one shy of her career high. DeWitt has now reached the double digits in saves in three of Bucknell's five games.
• The Colonials, who led 7-1 at halftime and were bolstered by an 8-0 run that stretched from 14:49 of the first half to 16:09 of the second, had eight players record at least one point.
Marist at a Glance
• The Red Foxes are currently 2-3 (0-0 MAAC) on the season. After winning their first two games, they have lost their past three in a row.
• In the MAAC preseason poll, Marist was selected to finish third in the nine-team league.
• This will be the fourth meeting between the Bison and Red Foxes.
• Marist won the most recent contest, 10-5, in 2014 at Graham Field. The Red Foxes opened the game on an 8-0 run, which proved too much for the Bison to overcome.
American at a Glance
• The Eagles are currently 3-4 (0-0 Patriot League) on the season. American, which hosts George Washington on Wednesday, is riding a two-game winning streak.
• In the Patriot League preseason poll, the Eagles were picked to finish last.
• While American leads the all-time series, 15-8, Bucknell has won three of the past four meetings.
• Last season, the Bison edged the Eagles at Graham Field, 9-8. Bucknell, which led 8-3 at the half, held off a furious American comeback attempt to improve to 3-2 in Patriot League play. Audrey Walsh scored four goals while Elizabeth Duswalt came off the bench to make eight stops in the second half.
• Goals: Morgan Steinhacker (7)
• Assists: Five tied (1)
• Points: Morgan Steinhacker (7)
• Shots: Morgan Steinhacker (17)
• Ground balls: Jamie DeWitt (12)
• Caused turnovers: Katherine Doyle (9)
• Draw controls: Morgan Steinhacker (10)
• Save Percentage: Jamie DeWitt (.429)
• Goals Against Average: Jamie DeWitt (12.97)
• Saves: Jamie DeWitt (48)
Career Milestone Watch
• Jamie DeWitt: Needs 12 ground balls to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 99
• Katherine Doyle: Needs one caused turnover to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 52
• Katherine Doyle: Needs 10 ground balls to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 99
• Eve Lukowski: Needs six assists to enter a tie for fourth (56)
• Eve Lukowski: Needs 39 points to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 143
A Look Ahead
• The Bison host Navy on Saturday, March 24 at 1 p.m. They then travel to Lafayette for a 7 p.m. game on Wednesday, March 28.