Gerhard Fieldhouse serves as Bucknell's indoor track and field facility. Entirely renovated in 1995, the Bison boast one of the finest indoor tracks in the East. The facility has attracted several outstanding teams to Lewisburg, and has played host to the Patriot League Championships numerous times.
The main floor of the fieldhouse includes a 200-meter track; courts for basketball, tennis and volleyball; and facilities for field events. The two-and-one-half acre building also includes six racquetball/handball courts, three newly renovated squash courts, a climbing wall, a dance studio and aerobics room, locker rooms, saunas, a classroom, offices, two lounges and the Bucknell Athletics Hall of Fame.
Surface: Rubberized six-lane track, all-purpose flooring
Built: Feb. 1978
Renovated: 1995, 2007 Namesake: Peter and Kristen Gerhard
Other: Designed and constructed by the Bucknell Outing Club, the Climbing Wall features over 1,200 square feet of indoor climbing. Located in the southwest corner of the fieldhouse, the wall measures 22 feet tall and 32 feet wide and features a wide array of boulder and lead routes.
Six permanent accessible parking spaces located in the KLARC U Parking lot.
- Enter through the main entrance of the Ken Langone Athletics and Recreation Center (automatic doors located to the right).
- For access to the second floor, enter through the main entrance of the Ken Langone Athletics and Recreation Center, head straight toward the Bison Athletics Leadership Wall then turn right to reach the elevator.
- Restrooms located near the elevator on the first floor of the Ken Langone Athletics and Recreation Center, in the Men’s and Women’s restrooms on the first floor of Gerhard Fieldhouse and in the second floor hallway between Davis Gym and Gerhard Fieldhouse.
- Gerhard Fieldhouse boasts no permanent seating. As such, accessible seating is available on the event level or on the balconies overlooking the event floor.
- Davis Gym has accessible seating located on the event floor.