- Kinney Natatorium Photo Gallery
- Kinney Natatorium Map
- Visitor's Guide
Kinney Natatorium Open Information
Kinney Natatorium, which opened in October 2002, houses the swimming and diving and men's and women's water polo programs for Bucknell. The multi-purpose facility is a state-of-the-art venue that features a 50-meter by 25-yard Olympic class pool and also enhances the recreational aquatics opportunities for the Bucknell communities. The pool itself features two moveable bulkheads, allowing for multiple team practices and recreational swimming to occur simultaneously.
Natatorium amenities include seating for 500 spectators, restrooms, separated varsity and visiting team locker rooms, a poolside classroom, sauna, steam room and concession stands.
Already Kinney Natatorium has played host to several major events, most notably the 2005 NCAA Men's Water Polo Championshp. Every other year the Patriot League Swimming and Diving Championships are contested in Kinney, and it has also played host to a number of Eastern water polo championships and an exhibition game against the U.S. women's water polo national team. Kinney Natatorium also became the home of the PIAA Swimming Championships starting in 2005.
- 25 yards x 50 meters
- 2 movable bulkheads
- 22 lanes x 25 yards (width-wise)
- 8 lanes x 25 yards, 25 meters, or 50 meters (length-wise)
- Pool can also be set up for water polo with 25 meters for women and 30 meters for men. All deck markings, lane lines, and goals are provided.
Approximately 90 foot candles of light 3 feet from the surface of the water.
Two cordless microphones, a compact disc player, and a cassette deck are available for use and all are wired into the central sound system for the entire pool area.
- The scoreboard is a Mercury-16 built by Colorado Timing, full LED matrix board, dimensions are 240" wide by 132" tall.
- Templates for dual meets, tri-meets, invitationals, diving, and water polo are complete. Additional templates can be made upon request.
- Many popular animations are available, as well as slide show capabilities.
- 10 locker rooms total, with showers, bathrooms, sinks, individual lockers (average 18), phone capability.
- Varsity locker rooms renovated in summer of 2013
- 2 locker rooms for officials, with showers, bathrooms, sinks, and individual lockers (5).
There are two (2) concessions areas located on the Concourse Level, concessions must be provided by the campus Dining Services by contacting Galen Reichley at email@example.com.
There is a conference room on the north-east end of the pool deck with couches, tables, chairs, and a chalkboard.
The Control room is located at the south-east end of the pool deck with a printer, telephone, internet access, and all the hook-ups for the Colorado Timing Systems and the Scoreboard.
- Restrooms are located near the entrance of the natatorium for both men and women.
- Additional restrooms are located on the Concourse Level.
There are elevators located just inside the main lobby for access to the spectator seating area of the pool.
500 Spectators in the stands, 300 Standing Room Only. 300 on deck.
Guests with Disabilities
Seating is available on the concourse level in the spectator seating area. An elevator is located at the main entrance to provide access to the concourse level upon entrance into the Natatorium. Listening devices can be obtained for guests with hearing impairments prior to scheduled events at the Natatorium.
Rules and Regulations
No alcoholic beverages may be purchased or brought into the Natatorium during scheduled events.
Conduct of guests in attendance
Bucknell University strives to provide its guests with a safe and enjoyable experience at all on-campus facilities.
Smoking will not be permitted inside the Natatorium. If needed, through the permission of Natatorium staff, designated smoking areas can be provided in certain areas.
All external events require tenants to provide public liability insurance with a minimum limit of one million dollars naming the Pavilion as additionally insured. Bucknell University requires an acceptance of an insurance certificate prior to event day.
For information regarding special event staffing and any costs that may be incurred, please contact Pam Armold at 570-577-3594.