LEWISBURG, Pa. -- Kyle Shanahan scored a career-high four goals, Sean Doyle had three and David Dickson added a goal and three assists to propel the Bucknell men's lacrosse team to a one-sided 16-6 victory over Mount St. Mary's in a non-league contest at cold and blustery Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoon. A 7-0 run after Mount St. Mary's scored the game's opening goal was the difference, and the Bison improved to 6-6 on the season.

Bucknell led 7-1 at the half and by as many as 11 goals on a couple of occasions in the fourth quarter. The Bison used 36 players in the game and 13 recorded a point while 19 had at least one ground ball.

Christian Durham scored twice and Bubba Johnson handed out three assists for Mount St. Mary's (0-12). Bucknell avenged a one-goal loss to the Mountaineers from a year ago and now leads the all-time series 15-1.

Mount St. Mary's recorded the first six shots of the game, the last of which was a Mike Pascali goal just 2:37 into the contest. Bison head coach Frank Fedorjaka used an early timeout after the goal, and his team quickly responded with a Doyle unassisted tally less than two minutes later. Ryan Joseph then picked up a ground ball near the left sideline and worked his way in for another goal just 57 seconds after the Doyle tally. Todd Heritage made it three goals in 2:05 when he converted a Dickson feed to make it 3-1. 

Heritage's second of the day came on Bucknell's lone extra-man opportunity, and it was a 5-1 game after one period. Doyle and Dickson tallied in the second quarter to make it 7-1 at the half, but another flurry late in the third quarter put the game out of reach.

Thomas Flibotte scored twice and Shanahan once in a span of hust 1:42 to make it 12-3 after three periods. Bucknell's reserves played the majority of the fourth quarter, and sophomore middie Brett Pearce notched his first collegiate goal off a feed from Tommy O'ConnorAlex Ryan scored twice in the fourth quarter, the latter coming off an assist from Nick Steinfeld to close out the scoring. 

Bucknell's goalies were rarely tested. Sam Grinberg stopped three shots while allowing only three goals, and backup Frank Morelli added one more save.

Bucknell finished with a 44-23 shot advantage and led 39-24 in ground balls. The Bison also won the faceoff battle 13-12, with Colin Farawell going 9-for-18 and Gavin Sullivan 4-for-7. Alex Spring led the team with five ground balls, and Jackson Place had a team-high three caused turnovers. 

Mount St. Mary's committed 18 turnovers in the game compared to only seven by the Bison. 

Bucknell has a big Patriot League game next Friday against Lafayette at 7:30 p.m. at Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium. The game will be preceded by Senior Day ceremonies and will be streamed on Bison Vision on the Patriot League Network.