Setting the Scene
What: Mercyhurst Invitational
When: Feb. 18-19
Where: Cathedral Prep Events Center – Erie, Pa.
Saturday, Feb. 18: Bucknell vs. George Washington, 1:30 p.m.
vs. Mercyhurst, 5:30 p.m. (Live Stats)
Sunday, Feb. 19: Bucknell vs. VMI, 8:45 a.m.
vs. Gannon, 1:45 p.m.
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell (3-3) is coming off its second weekend of competition, as it went 3-1 at the Bison Invitational.
* The Bison earned victories in their first three games in convincing fashion, defeating Gannon (15-6), Mercyhurst (12-3), and St. Francis Brooklyn (13-5). They then fell 14-6 to No. 19 Wagner in the final game of the weekend.
* Emily Konishi led all Bison with 15 points on the weekend with six goals and nine assists. Marta Considine contributed 11 points, while Shyla Lintz posted 10 goals and eight ejections drawn.
* The Bison received votes in the latest Top 25 Poll.
Scouting George Washington
* George Washington is 2-2 overall after participating at the Bison Invitational to open its season.
* The Colonials defeated Mercyhurst and Gannon in their first two contests, but were defeated by No. 21 Harvard and No. 11 Princeton to round out the weekend.
Series History with George Washington
* Bucknell is 39-20 all-time against the Colonials dating back to 1999.
* The Bison have won the last six meetings.
* This will be the first of two scheduled matchups between the conference foes.
* The Lakers opened their 2017 campaign at the Bison Invitational, going 0-4 by a combined score of 58-28.
* Its four opponents included George Washington, Bucknell, St. Francis Brooklyn, and Claremont-Mudd-Scripps.
Series History with Mercyhurst
* Bucknell is 15-1 all-time against Mercyhurst, winning the last 12 meetings.
* The Bison defeated the Lakers 12-3 last weekend. The nine-goal margin was the most against Mercyhurst since 2013.
* Saturday’s match will serve as the 2017 opener for the Keydets. This weekend, they will face Gannon, St. Francis Brooklyn, Bucknell and Mercyhurst.
* VMI finished with an 8-19 record in 2016. The Keydets were picked to finish fifth in the MAAC Preseason Poll.
Series History with VMI
* Bucknell has won each of its two contests versus VMI.
* The first Bison victory came in 2015, a 14-12 triumph, followed by a 15-8 decision last season.
* The Golden Knights opened their 2017 campaign at the Bison Invitational, going 0-4 by a combined score of 62-15.
* Its four opponents included Bucknell, George Washington, No. 19 Wagner, and No. 21 Harvard.
Series History with Gannon
* Bucknell has won all 12 meetings against Gannon dating back to 1999.
* The Bison defeated the Golden Knights by a 15-6 margin last weekend.
* Bucknell will host Hartwick in its conference opener on Feb. 25. The game will be held at 2 p.m. at Kinney Natatorium.