Setting the Scene
What: IC4A Indoor Championships
When: March 4-5
Where: Track & Tennis Center – Boston, Mass.
Live Results: LancerTiming.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell returns to action after competing at the Patriot League Indoor Championships.
* The Bison earned All-Patriot League accolades in four events, while reaching the podium in eight.
* Nicholas Lombardo was crowned Patriot League champion in the high jump and long jump while winning the bronze in the triple jump, earning Patriot League Male Field Athlete of the Meet honors. He became the third Bison to receive the citation and the first since Ray Holmes in 2014.
* Drew Dorflinger won the gold in the 3,000-meter while scoring in the 5,000m, becoming the fourth Bison in program history and the first since Chris Sacks in 2011 to be named Patriot League Male Rookie of the Meet.
* Will Carter earned Second Team All-Patriot League status in the long jump, taking the silver in the event. He also set the school record in the 200m with a time of 21.48, breaking the previous mark of 21.55 set by Christian Lupica in 2013.
* Matthew Fay was the runner-up in the pole vault, earning Second Team All-Patriot League accolades.
* On Wednesday, it was announced that Kyle Adams and Luke Giugliano were named to the Academic All-Patriot League team.
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
* "Although we are not going into this meet trying to maximize our points, I still believe we have the talent to be in the top 10," says Donner. "Making All-East is a huge honor and we have a nice size group heading up to Boston.
Last Year at IC4A Indoor Championships
* The Bison men earned All-East honors in five events last season, while overall placing 14th among 52 schools with 23 points.
* Giugliano earned All-East status in the 5,000m, while Joseph Breen earned the citation in the shot put. A 4x8 relay team that featured Adams and David Frering also earned All-East recognition.
* The top eight finishers in each event will receive All-East honors.
IC4A Qualifiers (^denotes event athlete will compete in)
* Jacob Ashkettle (400m, 500m)
* Joseph Breen (shot put^)
* Will Carter (long Jump^, 60m, 200m^)
* Sean Conway (500m)
* Drew Dorflinger (3,000m, 5,000m)
* Matthew Fay (pole vault^)
* Luke Giugliano (3,000m, 5,000m^)
* Scott Gulizio (500m, 800m)
* Ryquan Harris (200m^)
* Jordan Jackson (1,000m)
* Elijah Kay (high jump^)
* Nicholas Lombardo (high Jump^, long jump^, triple jump^)
* William Melchionni (200m^, 400m)
* Ross Pirnie (1,000m)
* 4x8 relay^
Weekly Awards Won by the Bison
* William Melchionni (Dec. 3) – Patriot League Male Runner of the Week
* Nicholas Lombardo (Jan. 16) – Bison Athlete of the Week
*(Jan. 24) – Patriot League Male Field Athlete of the Week
* Drew Dorflinger (Jan. 17) – Patriot League Male Rookie of the Week
* Joseph Breen (Feb. 13) – Bison Athlete of the Week
* Will Carter (Feb. 14) – Patriot League Male Track Athlete of the Week
* C.J. Falcioni (Feb. 14) – Patriot League Male Rookie of the Week
* Bucknell will open its outdoor season Mar. 25 at the Jim Taylor Invitational.