Setting the Scene
What: ECAC Indoor Championships
When: March 4-5
Where: Track & Tennis Center – Boston, Mass.
Live Results: LancerTiming.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell returns to action after winning the Patriot League indoor title at Boston University.
* The Bison won six events, while 13 athletes earned All-Patriot League honors.
* Christine Bendzinski led the way for the Bison, earning three gold medals. She won the mile for the third consecutive season, while breaking the school and Patriot League record in the 3,000-meter with a time of 9:27.37. She was also a member of a 4x8 relay team along with Sarah Chandler, Emma Harris and Margaret Sliney that broke the school and league record in the race for the second straight year with a time of 8:50.58. Following her performance, Bendzinski was named Bison Athlete of the Week.
* Chandler won the 1,000m for the second straight season, while reaching the podium in the mile with a third-place finish. She also teamed up with Sliney, Kathleen Fitzgerald and Emily Ryan to break the Patriot League record in the DMR in a first-place effort.
* Kaitlin Salisbury was crowned Patriot League champion in the 60m, while scoring in the triple jump and long jump, earning Patriot League Female Rookie of the Meet honors.
* Carli Lucke (60m), Lauren Hudson (high jump), Ella Schultz (shot put), Jenna Farmer (1,000m), Colleen Buckley (5,000m) and Molly Montalvo (weight throw) each earned All-Patriot League status in their respective event.
* On Wednesday, it was announced that Bendzinski, Chandler and Hudson were named to the Academic All-Patriot League team. Bendzinski was named Scholar-Athlete of the Year, becoming the seventh Bison and the first since 2014 to earn the citation for the indoor season.
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
* "Although we are not going into this meet trying to maximize our points, I still believe we have the talent to be in the top 10," says the Patriot League Coach of the Year. "Making All-East is a huge honor and we have a nice size group heading up to Boston.
Last Year at ECAC Indoor Championships
* The Bison women earned All-East accolades in five events.
* Kate Scott earned All-East honors while breaking a 31-year old school record in the 5,000m with a time of 16:47.79, shattering the previous mark of 16:56.76 set by Gabi Czaja in 1985.
* Chandler (1,000m) and Bendzinski (3,000m) earned All-East recognition, breaking the school record in their respective event.
* A 4x4 relay team that featured Allison Sharkey and Laura Papili received All-East honors.
* The top eight finishers in each event will receive All-East accolades.
ECAC Qualifiers (^denotes event athlete will compete in)
* Christine Bendzinski (1,000m, mile, 3,000m^)
* Colleen Buckley (3,000m^, 5,000m)
* Sarah Chandler (800m, 1,000m, mile^, 3,000m)
* Jenna Farmer (1,000m)
* Kathleen Fitzgerald (800m)
* Lauren Gronbeck (5,000m^)
* Lauren Hudson (high jump^)
* Molly Montalvo (weight throw^)
* Kafilat Oladiran (60H)
* Carly Reiner (triple jump^)
* Kaitlin Salisbury (60m,^ long jump^, triple jump^)
* Ella Schultz (shot put)
* Kate Scott (5,000m)
* Allison Sharkey (500m^)
* Margaret Sliney (500m, 800m)
* 4x4 relay^
* 4x8 relay^
Weekly Awards Won by the Bison
* Sarah Chandler (Dec. 3) – Patriot League Female Runner of the Week
* Kaitlin Salisbury (Dec. 3, Jan. 10, Jan. 24) – Patriot League Female Rookie of the Week
* Christine Bendzinski (Jan. 31, Feb. 29) – Patriot League Female Track/Bison Athlete of the Week
* Margaret Sliney (Feb. 7, Feb. 14) – Patriot League Female Rookie of the Week
* Bucknell will open its outdoor season Mar. 25 at the Jim Taylor Invitational.