Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell women’s tennis spring trip to Florida
When: March 14-16
Bucknell Match Schedule
Tuesday, March 14
vs. Fairleigh Dickinson – 12:30 p.m. | Fort Gatlin Tennis Center (Orlando, Fla.)
vs. Fairfield – 6 p.m. | Fort Gatlin Tennis Center (Orlando, Fla.)
Thursday, March 16
vs. LIU Brooklyn – 11:30 a.m. | USTA National Campus (Orlando, Fla.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is coming off a loss at Delaware, but still has a solid 5-2 record for the season.
• Prior to the match against the Blue Hens, the Bison had a three-match winning streak. They recorded wins over St. Bonaventure, Niagara, and Marist, out-scoring the three opponents 18-3.
• The Bison also have wins over La Salle and Binghamton this season. They have out-scored their opponents 30-5 in their five victories.
• Bucknell’s great start to the season is made even more impressive by the fact it has had Lisa Jouravleva in the lineup for just two matches. She was in the No. 2 spot in singles when in the lineup.
• Lauren Fishbein has been one of the team’s top players while playing on court two in Jouravleva’s absence. She is 4-1 in that spot and 5-1 overall during the spring. She has one Patriot League Player of the Week honor.
• The Bison have 5-2 records on courts three, four, five and six.
• Bucknell is 29-13 in individual singles matches during the spring.
Scouting the Opponents
• Fairleigh Dickinson – The Knights are 2-3 after a 7-0 loss to St. John’s. They posted a 4-3 win over Colgate prior to that.
• Fairfield – The Stags are 2-7 with losses to Saint Joseph’s, Drexel, Yale, and Northern Kentucky in their past four matches. Their wins are against Rider and Lafayette. Emily Lombardi is 4-4 while playing all of her matches on court five during the spring.
• LIU Brooklyn – The Blackbirds are 3-2 after a 6-1 win over Hofstra. They have already won two more matches than they did all of last season.
Series History with the Opponents
• Bucknell is 1-1 all-time against Fairleigh Dickinson. The Knights won 5-2 last season. Allie Lane was a 6-0, 6-1 winner on court six for the Bison.
• Bucknell and Fairfield are also knotted at 1-1 in their series.
• The Bison lead 2-1 in the all-time series with LIU Brooklyn.
• Bucknell plays on campus for the first time this spring when it hosts Mount St. Mary’s on Wednesday, March 22.