Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell Team Challenge
When: April 22, 2017
Where: Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium – Lewisburg, Pa.
Live Results: BucknellBison.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* The Bison are set to host their final home meet of the season.
* Bucknell returns to action following a successful outing at the Bison Outdoor Classic.
* Nicholas Lombardo won the long jump in a field of 40 participants with an IC4A-qualifying leap of 23-9 ½.
* Scott Gulizio was the runner-up in the 800-meter with a time of 1:51.18, matching his personal record, which ranks seventh in Bucknell history. His time is the second-best mark in the Patriot League this season.
* Matthew Fay tied his personal record in the pole vault, clearing 16-2 ¾, the second-best mark in school annals.
* Drew Dorflinger posted a top-10 program time in the 5,000m completing the race in 14:18.15, sixth-fastest in program history. His time is second-fastest in the league.
* Luke Giugliano ran the fastest time in the Patriot League in the 10,000m clocking in at 29:52.01.
* Ross Pirnie ran the second-fastest time in the league in the steeplechase at the meet with a time of 9:20.53.
* Bucknell ranks 10th in the Mid-Atlantic region, ahead of Patriot League schools Lehigh (11th), Lafayette (16th) and American (25th).
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
“It will be nice to be in a smaller meet after three very large meets in a row,” says coach Donner. “We will treat this as more of a team competition as it is scored and we want to win. However, not at the expense of over working anyone. We’re two weeks out from leagues and we must keep people healthy. I hope to continue to see the improvement carry over from a great Outdoor Classic.”
* At the conclusion of the meet, the spiked shoe program will honor its 2017 senior class.
Last Year at Bucknell Team Challenge
* The Bison finished in second-place among eight teams.
* Lombardo won the long jump with a leap of 24-0 ¾, while taking second in the triple jump with a mark of 45-8 ½.
* William Melchionni won the 400m with a time of 48.69.
* Will Bordash (5,000m)
* Joseph Breen (discus, shot put)
* Sean Conway (800m)
* Drew Dorflinger (1,500m, 5,000m)
* Matthew Fay (pole vault)
* Luke Giugliano (5,000m, 10,000m)
* Scott Gulizio (800m)
* Terry Hall (javelin)
* Jordan Jackson (800m)
* Nicholas Lombardo (high jump)
* William Melchionni (200m, 400m)
* Ross Pirnie (1,500m, steeplechase)
* 4x100 relay
* The Bison will compete one last weekend before the Patriot League Outdoor Championships. Bucknell will send a group of athletes to compete at the Penn Relays (Apr. 27-29), while another group will compete at Bloomsburg (Apr. 29).
Minor Finishes Seventh at USATF Junior Outdoor Championships