Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (23-12, 6-3 PL) at Army West Point (28-16, 7-5 PL)
When: Saturday, April 22 – Noon (DH); Sunday, April 23 – Noon
Where: Army West Point Softball Complex (West Point, N.Y.)
Live Stats: GoArmyWestPoint.com
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 23-12 overall and 6-3 in the Patriot League after dropping a pair of one-run games in a doubleheader at Penn State on Wednesday. The Bison fell 1-0 in the first game. They led 5-0 in the second game, but lost 6-5 in eight innings.
• Meghan Kovac homered for the fifth time this season and the second time in four games in the loss in game two. Anna Gimmestad also homered, her third of the season.
• Lara Bean had one of the best pitching performances of her career in the second game. She started and went five innings, giving up five hits and two walks while striking out one.
• Raeanne Geffert was outstanding in the first game, going all six innings in a tough one-run loss. She allowed the one run on three hits and two walks while striking out three. She was coming off a week in which she won Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors.
• Freshman Julienne Egofske moved into the starting lineup for both games against Penn State. She had a hit in each game, including a double in game one.
• The Bison currently sit in a tie with Boston University for second place in the Patriot League standings at 6-3. Lehigh leads at 11-1, while Army West Point is fourth at 7-5. The top four teams make the Patriot League Tournament.
Scouting Army West Point
• Army West Point is 28-16 overall and 7-5 in the Patriot League after a 4-0 win over Quinnipiac. Prior to that, the Black Knights had lost five straight games, including a three-game sweep in a league series against Boston University.
• The Black Knights scored just one run in the three games against the Terriers, the defending champions in the Patriot League.
• Ashley Yoo is batting .372 with five doubles and two triples. Renee Poirier is 11-6 with a 2.02 ERA.
• Army West Point leads 56-41 in the all-time series, which began in 1991.
• The Black Knights won three of four meeting last season, including a 3-2 victory in the Patriot League Tournament.
• Bucknell plays a three-game league series at Holy Cross on April 29-30.