Setting the Scene
What: ECAC Outdoor Championships
When: May 12-14
Where: Weaver Stadium - Princeton, N.J.
Live Results: PaynesCornerTiming.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* The Bucknell women's track and field team returns to action after winning its third consecutive Patriot League outdoor title and capturing its seventh Triple Crown in team history. The Bison scored 194.5 points at the two-day meet.
* Colleen Buckley was crowned Patriot League champion in the 10,000-meter, while also earning all-league honors in the 5,000m.
* Stephanie Easse won the gold medal in the javelin, while Rebecca Scovira earned a first-place finish in the javelin, both earning All-Patriot League accolades.
* A 4x800m relay team comprised of Christine Bendzinski, Sarah Chandler, Jenna Farmer and Kathleen Fitzgerald won the gold to earn All-Patriot League recognition.
* In total, 12 Bison earned All-Patriot League status, including Bendzinski (1,500m, 4x8), Buckley (5,000m, 10,000m), Chandler (4x8, steeplechase), Easse (discus), Farmer (4x8), Fitzgerald (4x8), Skovira (javelin), Molly Montalvo (hammer), Kaitlin Salisbury (long jump), Meg Sangimino (javelin), Ella Schultz (shot put) and Kate Scott (5,000m).
* Emily Fisher (discus) Carly Reiner (triple jump), Lauren Hudson (high jump) along with a 4x400m relay team of Allison Sharkey, Laura Papili, Elyse Pettaway and Carli Lucke all reached the podium with third-place finishes.
* Bucknell remains sixth in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Last Year's ECAC Outdoor Championships
* The Bison set team records last season, finishing a program-best third of 55 schools, while scoring a team-record 38 points.
* Bendzinski (1,500m) and Scott (10,000m) became the first Bison since Melanie Buczko in 2004 to win an individual event at the postseason meet.
* Sangimino and Skovira each earned All-East honors in the javelin.
ECAC Qualifiers (^ denotes event athlete will compete in)
* Christine Bendzinski (800m, 1,500m, 5,000m^)
* Colleen Buckley (5,000m, 10,000m^)
* Sarah Chandler (800m, 1,500m, 3,000m, steeplechase^)
* Stephanie Easse (discus^)
* Jenna Farmer (3,000m, 5,000m^)
* Emily Fisher (discus^)
* Kathleen Fitzgerald (1,500m^)
* Lauren Hudson (high jump^)
* Lauren Gronbeck (5,000m^, 10,000m)
* Molly Montalvo (hammer ^)
* Christine O'Kane (10,000m^)
* Laura Papili (400 hurdles^)
* Carly Reiner (triple jump^)
* Kaitlin Salisbury (long jump^)
* Meg Sangimino (javelin^)
* Ella Schultz (shot put)
* Kate Scott (3,000m, 5,000m^, 10,000m)
* Brennan Sharkey (10,000m)
* Elizabeth Sheprow (steeplechase^)
* Rebecca Skovira (javelin^)
* 4x100 relay^
* 4x400 relay^
Bucknell Women's Track and Field 2017 Weekly Awards
* Patriot League Field Athlete of the Week – Meg Sangimino (Mar. 28)
* Patriot League Rookie of the Week – Kaitlin Salisbury (Mar. 28, Apr. 4, Apr. 25, May 2), Ella Schultz (Apr. 11)
* Patriot League Female Track Athlete of the Week – Colleen Buckley (Apr. 18)
* Should members of the women's track and field team qualify for the NCAA East Preliminary Meet, the meet will take place on May 25-27 at the University of Kentucky.