Setting the Scene
What: IC4A Outdoor Championships
When: May 12-14
Where: Weaver Stadium - Princeton, N.J.
Live Results: PaynesCornerTiming.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell returns to action after competing at the Patriot League Outdoor Championships at Lehigh. The Bison finished fourth among the nine-team field, scoring 116 points.
* Nicholas Lombardo won the long jump and high jump events, while scoring in the triple jump with a top-10 mark, earning Patriot League Male Field Athlete of the Meet honors, becoming the fourth Bison and the first since Leonard Joseph in 2013 to receive the honor. Lombardo joins Ron Hess (1999) in earning Patriot League Athlete of the Meet recognition in the same indoor and outdoor season. On Monday, he was named Bison Athlete of the Week.
* William Melchionni was named Patriot League Male Track Athlete of the Meet, becoming the fifth Bison and the first since Christian Lupica in 2014 to earn the citation. The sophomore became the first Bison runner since Rob Arent in 2011 to win the gold medal in the 400-meter race. The sophomore recorded a time of 47.43, now the second-fastest performance in Bucknell history. Melchionni also reached the podium in the 200m, winning the bronze.
* Luke Giugliano earned his first All-Patriot League citation, taking second in the 10,000m.
* A 4x800m relay squad comprised of Nick Pacelli, Sean Conway, Jordan Jackson and Scott Gulizio earned All-Patriot League honors with a runner-up finish.
* Will Carter (long jump), Bo Burleigh (javelin) and Drew Dorflinger (1,500m) each won the bronze in their respective event.
Last Year's IC4A Outdoor Championships
* Lombardo earned All-East citations in the long jump and high jump while a 4x800m relay squad featuring Gulizio and Jackson earned All-East recognition.
IC4A Qualifiers (^ denotes event athlete will compete in)
* Jacob Ashkettle (400m^)
* Steve Bolger (long jump^)
* Will Bordash (5,000m)
* Joseph Breen (discus^, shot put^)
* William Briggs (discus)
* Jeffrey Brown (100m^, 200m^)
* Will Carter (200m, long jump^)
* Sean Conway (800m^)
* Drew Dorflinger (1,500m^, 5,000m)
* Matthew Fay (pole vault)
* Bobby Gablein (100m)
* Luke Giugliano (5,000m, 10,000m^)
* Scott Gulizio (800m)
* Terry Hall (javelin)
* Ryquan Harris (200m^)
* Jordan Jackson (800m^)
* Nicholas Lombardo (high jump, long jump^)
* William Melchionni (100m, 200m, 400m^)
* Ross Pirnie (1,500m, steeplechase)
* 4x100 relay^
* 4x800 relay^
Bucknell Men's Track and Field's 2017 Weekly Awards
* Bison Athlete of the Week – Matthew Fay (Apr. 24), Nicholas Lombardo (May 8)
* Should members of the men's track and field team qualify for the NCAA East Preliminary Meet, the meet will take place on May 25-27 at the University of Kentucky.