Setting the Scene
What: Harry Groves Spiked Shoe Invitational
When: Friday, Sept. 8 – 10:45 a.m.
Where: Blue-White Golf Course (University Park, Pa.) | 5.2 mile
Teams: Bucknell, Edinboro, Georgetown, Penn State, Syracuse
Quote (Head Coach Kevin Donner)
• "Although it is still early in the season, I see this as a huge test for our program with some nationally ranked programs as well as teams that are ranked high in the region. Syracuse is ranked very high in the country, and Georgetown is always a national power. Penn State is ranked high in the region, so we expect a very intense meet.
About the Bison
• Bucknell opened the season by winning the team title at the Bison Open last weekend. The Bison took the top five spots in a race that featured 57 runners from five teams.
• The Bison were led by a group of four runners that crossed the finish line at nearly the exact same time. Senior Will Bordash, senior Kyle Adams, junior Chad Sussman, and freshman Michael Bortolot finished first through fourth.
• Sophomore Brendan McGill rounded out the top five for the Bison. Sophomore Trent Rose and freshman Evan Minor also paced in the top 10, taking seventh and ninth.
• Bordash was named an Honorable Mention in the Patriot League weekly awards release.
Bucknell at the Spiked Shoe Invitational
• Bucknell last competed at the Spiked Shoe Invitational in 2013. The Bison took first in the four-team field, beating Penn State, Pittsburgh, and Mount St. Mary’s.
• The Bison have had one individual winner at the event. Matt Kodak won the race in 1997.
• The Bison will travel to Earlysville, Va., for the Panorama Farms Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 23.