Setting the Scene
What: Dickinson Long-Short Invitational
When: Saturday, Sept. 30 | 8k race (10:30 a.m.), 4k race (Noon)
Where: Big Spring High School (Newville, Pa.)
About the Bison
• After a year break, Bucknell will once again compete at the Dickinson Long-Short Invitational. The Bison ran at the event in 2014 and 2015.
• Bucknell most recently ran at the Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational. The Bison finished seventh out of 10 teams. No. 15 Virginia won the race and was followed by Campbell and Charlotte.
• Senior Will Bordash led the Bison at Virginia, taking 16th out of 90 runners. He finished the 8k course in 25:05.
• Also scoring for the Bison were junior Chad Sussman (27th), freshman Connor McMenamin (33rd), sophomore Brian Dengler (43rd) and senior Kyle Adams (52nd).
• Bucknell is ranked sixth in the Mid-Atlantic Region, one spot behind Penn State and one spot ahead of Duquesne.
• The Bison have yet to drop below sixth in the regional rankings this season.
Quote (Head Coach Kevin Donner)
“This meet is a great opportunity to rest some of our top people and give our reserves some racing experience. We have a few top-end runners who have been injured opening up their season, and I am excited to see how they do. Traditionally, we have had people from this meet work their way into our NCAA lineup by the end of the year, and I believe it may happen again. I also like the long course/short course system which allows some of our middle distance, less experienced runners, or runners coming back from injury to race a shorter distance.”
Bucknell Recent History at Dickinson
• The Bison last competed at Dickinson in 2015, when they ran just the 4k race. Will Bordash finished 14th, while Kyle Adams took 20th.
• Bucknell was third out of 36 teams in 2014. Adams finished 34th out of 233 runners in the 8k race.
Weekly Awards Won by the Bison
• Patriot League Rookie of the Week – Michael Bortolot (9/12)
Up Next • The Bison will compete at the Penn State National Open on Friday, Oct. 13, and the Leopard Invitational on Saturday, Oct. 14.