Setting the Scene
What: Patriot League Kickoff
When: Friday, Oct. 13-Sunday, Oct. 15
Where: Lewis Tennis Center (indoor), Ulrich Courts (outdoor) – Bethlehem, Pa.
Teams: Army, Bucknell, Colgate, Lehigh, Loyola (Md.)
Bucknell Players Competing: Jill Auteri, Sofia Ayuso, Emilie Bush, Rachel Carroll, Danielle Gannon, Cayla Koch, Schuyler La Barge, Allie Lane, Paige Leavy, Madeline Melch, Mishi Papich
About the Bison
• Bucknell is nearing the end of its fall schedule as it travels to Lehigh this weekend for the Patriot League Kickoff. It is the final event for the Bison before the Northeast Regional in Philadelphia.
• The Bison most recently competed at the SJU Invitational on Sept. 29-Oct. 1.
• Junior Danielle Gannon battled back to win the consolation draw in Flight 4 singles at the SJU Invitational. Junior Emilie Bush also had a solid run through the consolation bracket, advancing to the final where she played Gannon.
• Junior Mishi Papich has Bucknell’s best singles record this fall with a mark of 5-4. Three players are at .500 for the Bison, including freshman Rachel Carroll (5-5), Gannon (4-4), and junior Emilie Bush (3-3).
• Bucknell’s top doubles team is Papich and freshman Cayla Koch at 3-2. Senior Lisa Jouravleva and Koch are right behind that with a record of 2-2.
• The Bison will compete at the Patriot League Kickoff for the first time.
• Bucknell is scheduled to compete at the Northeast Regional in Philadelphia, beginning on Friday, Oct. 20.