Setting the Scene
(Saturday, Oct. 14 – 10 a.m.)
What: Bucknell at Drexel
Where: Vidas Courts (Philadelphia, Pa.)
(Sunday, Oct. 15 – 10 a.m.)
What: Bucknell at Temple
Where: TU Pavilion (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Four doubles matches - one set, tie break at 6-6
Eight singles matches - 2 out of 3 sets with 10 points breaker in the third
About the Bison
• Bucknell wraps up its fall season with a pair of matches in Philadelphia this weekend. The Bison play at Drexel on Saturday and at Temple on Sunday.
• The Bison most recently competed at the Mount Invitational. Seniors Ben Gerber and Max Kane highlighted the weekend with a runner-up finish in Flight A doubles.
• Kane was also Bucknell’s top finisher in singles, taking fourth in Flight A.
• Sophomore Colin Sacco didn’t play at the Mount Invitational but is a perfect 7-0 on the season. He won flight titles at the season-opening Bucknell Fall Invite and at the Binghamton Championships.
• Junior Max McDonald has a winning record this fall with a mark of 4-3. Seniors Max Kane (5-5) and Timber Erskine (3-3) are both at .500.
• Erskine and freshman Drew Krantz have the top doubles record at 3-0. McDonald and Sacco have the most doubles wins for the Bison with a record of 4-3.
• Drexel went 13-8 overall and 2-1 in the CAA last season. The Dragons lost to William & Mary in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament.
• Hamza Laalej was a Second Team All-CAA selection.
• Temple went 17-10 overall and 1-4 in the American Athletic Conference last season. The Owls lost to Tulane in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament.
Series History with the Opponents
• Bucknell leads Drexel 3-0. The teams first played in 1941.
• Bucknell leads Temple 6-5. The teams first played in 1932.