Setting the Scene
What: NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regional Championships
When: Friday, Nov. 10 – 10:45 a.m.
Where: Goodman Campus Cross Country Course (Bethlehem, Pa.)
Bucknell Lineup: Christine Bendzinski, Colleen Buckley, Jenna Farmer, Margaret Thomson, Anna Chiodo-Ortiz, Payton Capes, Lauren Gronbeck, sub: Lindsay Schafer
About the Bison
• Bucknell is coming off its third straight Patriot League title, finishing with 58 points compared to 79 for second-place Army West Point.
• Senior Christine Bendzinski won the individual Patriot League title for the second straight year, completing the 6k race in 20:52. Army West Point’s Abby Halbrook was second in 20:55.
• Joining Bendzinski with First Team All-Patriot League honors for Bucknell was junior Colleen Buckley with a third-place finish. Junior Jenna Farmer was 13th and made the Second Team.
• Also scoring for the Bison were junior Margaret Thomson (17th) and junior Anna Chiodo-Ortiz (24th).
• Bendzinski was voted the Patriot League Women’s Cross Country Scholar-Athlete of the Year for the second straight season. She is a cell biology/biochemistry major with a 3.80 GPA.
• The Bison had three runners voted to the Academic All-Patriot League Team. Joining Bendzinski were Buckley and Farmer.
• Bucknell is ranked eighth in the Mid-Atlantic Region, one spot behind Penn and one spot ahead of Navy.
Last Year at the Mid-Atlantic Championships
• Bucknell finished sixth out of 28 teams, finishing one spot behind Georgetown and one spot ahead of Pittsburgh. • The Bison were the top Patriot League team in the region.
• Kate Scott took ninth out of 198 runners and advanced to the NCAA Championships.
• Colleen Buckley is the Bison’s top returning runner with a 34th-place finish last season.
Quote (Head Coach Kevin Donner
"Our women are now at a level where we think and train for the regional meet all year. Last year was a breakout race for us as we were able to compete with some of the "Blue Bloods" of women's cross country. We are ranked eighth and hope to finish higher than our ranking. We should have a couple women contending for All-Region spots and maybe even an NCAA berth."
• The NCAA Championships will be held in Louisville, Kentucky, on Saturday, Nov. 18.