Setting the Scene
What: NCAA Mid-Atlantic Regional Championships
When: Friday, Nov. 10 – 11:45 a.m.
Where: Goodman Campus Cross Country Course (Bethlehem, Pa.)
Bucknell Lineup: Will Bordash, Drew Dorflinger, Chad Sussman, Connor McMenamin, Ben Siciliano, Jacob Stupak, Brian Dengler. sub: Kyle Adams
About the Bison
• Bucknell is coming off a fifth-place finish at the Patriot League Championships. The Bison were just six points behind fourth-place American.
• Senior Will Bordash earned First Team All-Patriot League honors with a seventh-place finish out of 107 runners. He completed the 8k race in 24:26.
• Sophomore Drew Dorflinger just missed Second Team All-Patriot League recognition, taking 17th overall.
• Also scoring for the Bison were freshman Connor McMenamin (20th), sophomore Jacob Stupak (22nd), and sophomore Ben Siciliano (28th).
• Senior Kyle Adams competed at the Patriot League Championships and then earned a spot on the Academic All-Patriot League Team. It was the first time he received the academic award in cross country, and his third combined with track and field.
• Adams is an economics-comparative humanities major with a perfect 4.0 GPA.
• Bucknell is ranked ninth in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The Bison are one spot behind American and one spot ahead of Saint Joseph’s.
Last Year at the Mid-Atlantic Region Championships • Bucknell finished sixth out of 22 teams at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Championships last year. • The Bison finished one spot behind Penn State and one spot ahead of Duquesne. • Drew Dorflinger (42nd), Jacob Stupak (44th), Ben Siciliano (48th), and Chad Sussman (50th) all finished in the top 50.
Quote (Head Coach Kevin Donner) “Our men are hoping to bounce back from a league meet that went well for some and not so well for others. We train for 10k all year and we feel as though that is our race. We are ranked ninth and we always make it a goal to finish higher than our ranking.”
Up Next • The NCAA Championships will be held in Louisville, Kentucky, on Saturday, Nov. 18.