What: Bucknell (0-0, 0-0 PL) at Rider (0-0, 0-0 MAAC)
Where: Alumni Gymnasium (Lawrenceville, N.J.)
When: Friday, Nov. 10 (5:30 p.m.)
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: GoBroncs.com
Bucknell Probable Starters (2016-17 stats)
G: Kyi English (7.9 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.8 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (0.9 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 0.6 apg)
G: Kate Walker (9.0 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.6 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (12.2 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 2.0 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (2.3 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.6 apg)
With a Win Over Rider, Bucknell Would ...
• Win the season opener on the road for the third consecutive season.
• Improve to 15-9 in the series against Rider.
• Improve to 37-36 all-time against current members of the MAAC.
• Improve to 6-1 against current members of the MAAC under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• Bucknell opens the season on the road against Rider on Friday night. The Bison will get their first official game look at a team that returns a solid group of players, but lost three starters from last season's record-setting team.
• The Bison are led by junior forward Kaitlyn Slagus, who is the team's returning leader in scoring (12.2), rebounding (8.8), assists (2.0), blocks (1.5), field goal percentage (.491), and free throw percentage (.862). She was voted to the Preseason All-Patriot League Team.
• Bucknell is 52-14 over the past two seasons. That is the best overall record of any team in the Patriot League.
• After losing two of the team's top three rebounders, the Bison will have to have players step up in that aspect, but the team has led the Patriot League in rebounding margin in each of the past three seasons.
• The Bison have broken the program's 3-point record in each of the past three seasons. Junior Kate Walker played a big role in setting the record of 214 last season. She led the team with 49, shooting an incredible 45 percent from beyond the arc.
• CollegeInsider.com released its first Mid-Major Poll of the season earlier this week. The Bison, who concluded last season in sixth, are ranked 17th in the first edition this season.
• Bucknell will turn to its two seniors -- Catherine Romaine and Carly Richardson -- as team captains this season.
• Rider was picked to finish sixth in the MAAC by the coaches in the league's preseason poll.
• Senior guard/forward Kamila Hoskova and Stella Johnson were earned Second Team and Third Team Preseason All-MAAC honors, respectively.
• Hoskova was Second Team All-MAAC last season after averaging 12.8 points per game.
• Rider went 24-9 overall and 16-4 in the MAAC last season. The Broncs were the runner-up in the conference tournament and qualified for the WNIT, where they lost to Virginia Tech in the opening round.
How to Get the Game
• Friday's game can be seen free of charge on BroncVision.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at GoBroncs.com
Bucknell vs. Rider Series Notes
• Bucknell leads 14-9 in a series that began in 1981.
• The teams will play for the first time since 2011, when Rider won 63-43 on its home court.
• Bucknell won the year before that on its home court, 53-48.
• The Bison and Broncs played each other yearly from 1983-90 as members of the ECC.
Bucknell vs. the MAAC
• Bucknell is 36-36 against current members of the MAAC.
• The Bison have played 10 of the 11 teams in the conference. The only team they have never played is Quinnipiac.
• Bucknell has winning records against Niagara (6-4), Rider (14-9), and Siena (2-0), and is .500 against Canisius (4-4).
• The Bison have three games against MAAC teams. In addition to Rider, they host Canisius (11/26) and play at Iona (Dec. 3)
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is ranked 17th in the first edition of the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25. The Bison finished 57th out of 349 teams in the final RPI last season.
• Rider finished 106th in the final RPI last season.
• Bucknell plays its home opener against Akron on Sunday at 2 p.m.