Women's Track and Field Set to Compete in Bucknell Tri-Meet on Saturday
Setting the Scene:
What: Bucknell Tri-Meet (vs. UMBC and Lafayette)
When: Saturday, January 6
Where: Gerhard Fieldhouse- Lewisburg, Pa.
About the Bison/ Last Time Out
- The Bison are set to host their second of five indoor home meets.
- Bucknell returns to action after competing in the Bison Opener on Dec. 1-2, winning eight individual events.
- Three Bison athletes qualified for ECAC’s, which included, Jr., Jenna Farmer (3000m), Sr., Christine Bendzinski (3000m), and Jr., Colleen Buckley (5000m). The Bison took the top two spots in the 3000-meter run, with Bendzinski finishing first in a 9:51.28 split and Farmer clocking in second with a time of 9:58.76. Buckley rounded out the qualifiers by taking the top position in the 5000-meter run with a time of 17:33.67.
- Bucknell’s sophomore class accounted for three of the eight individual victories. Kaitlin Salisbury, Taylor Kennedy, and Gianna Mincone each posted wins.
- Salisbury won the 60-meter dash in a time of 7.83 seconds.
- Kennedy took the crown in the 300-meter dash with a 43.30 split.
- Mincone dashed to the finish line first in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:18.86.
- The 4X400-meter relay which included Carli Lucke, Emily Ryan, Natalie Waterhouse, and Jennifer Dietrich took the top spot with a split of 4:00.89 seconds.
- Saturday will serve as the season-opening meet for the Retrievers.
- UMBC finished fourth at last year’s America East Indoor Championships.
- The Leopards travel to Lewisburg after hosting a home invite back on December 8.
- Caroline Harmon was the top performer for the women taking the top spot in the 1000-meter and setting a new personal record with a time of 3:02.16
- The Bison return to action Jan. 14 to compete in the Nittany Lion Challenge, the first of two trips to Penn State during the indoor season.