What: Bucknell (10-8, 4-3 PL) at Holy Cross (9-9, 4-3 PL)
Where: Hart Center (Worcester, Mass.)
When: Saturday, Jan. 20 (1 p.m.)
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: GoHolyCross.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (10.6 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.8 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (2.2 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.8 apg)
G: Kate Walker (11.2 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.2 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (12.1 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 1.2 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (6.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 2.3 apg)
With a Win Over Holy Cross, Bucknell Would ...
• improve to 11-8 on the season.
• improve to 5-5 on the road this season.
• improve to 20-44 in the all-time series with the Crusaders.
• improve to 7-5 against the Crusaders under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• improve to 213-175 all-time in Patriot League play.
• improve to 38-6 in Patriot League play over the last three seasons.
• We're only seven games into the Patriot League schedule, but with the standings as muddled as they currently are, every game is big as teams try to jockey for a higher seed and home games in the Patriot League Tournament. Bucknell and Holy Cross are two of the teams in a logjam near the top half of the standings at 4-3. That ties them for fourth, just one game back of the two teams (Lehigh and Navy) that are tied for second.
• Kate Walker scored 19 points, but Bucknell fell 68-65 to Loyola at Sojka Pavilion in its most recent game. The Bison are 38-24 in games following a loss during head coach Aaron Roussell's six seasons with the team.
• Bucknell was 20-for-23 from the foul line against Loyola on Wednesday, and now ranks second in the Patriot League in free throw percentage at 74 percent. They sit just outside the top 50 in the nation. The Bison finished first in the conference in free throw percentage in three of the past four seasons and have shot over 70 percent from the line in each of the past six seasons.
• Twelve of the 14 players on the Bison roster have shot 70 percent or better during their career.
• Including this season, Bucknell has been by far the best team in league play over the last three seasons, posting a record of 37-6. That's six games better than the next best, which is Army West Point at 31-12. Navy is third at 28-15.
• The Bison have also found a ton of success in the month of January in recent seasons, hitting their stride at the start of the league schedule The Bison are 19-3 in January over the last three seasons. They have lost just one home game in January since 2015.
• No conference opponent has a current winning streak of more than one game against Bucknell. The Bison have current win streaks of eight against Boston University, seven against Lafayette, five against Colgate, five against Navy, and three against Army West Point.
About Holy Cross
• Holy Cross is 9-9 overall and 4-3 in the Patriot League after posting back-to-back wins over Boston University (60-57) and Army West Point (70-62, OT). Both victories came on the road.
• The Crusaders have been better on the road than they have at home this season, going 6-4 in away games and 3-5 on their home court.
• Sophomore Lauren Manis leads Holy Cross in scoring (18.0 ppg), rebounding (8.2 rpg), steals (2.1 spg), and blocks (0.7 bpg). She was the Patriot League Rookie of the Year and a Second Team All-Patriot League selection last season.
• The Crusaders have already eclipsed their overall win total from last season and are just two wins shy of matching their league win total with 11 games remaining on the schedule.
• Holy Cross is the second highest scoring team in the conference, averaging 68.1 points per game. The Crusaders have the top two individual scorers in the league with Manis ranking first and Infiniti Thomas-Waheed ranking second at 16.7 points per game.
How to Get the Game
• Saturday's game can be seen online free of charge on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at GoHolyCross.com
Bucknell vs. Holy Cross Series Notes
• Bucknell and Holy Cross will meet for the 64th time. The Crusaders hold a 44-19 lead in the all-time series. The Bison have won three of the past four meetings.
• The Bison are 6-5 against the Crusaders under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• Kaitlyn Slagus has averaged 11.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks, and Kyi English has averaged 7.0 points and 3.0 assists in four career games against Holy Cross.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 255-233 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 212-175 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won three Patriot League titles and have played in the title game four times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is 159th out of 351 teams in the latest RPI.
• Holy Cross is 233rd in the latest RPI.
• Bucknell will host Navy on Wednesday at 6 p.m.