Setting the Scene
What: Navy Invite
When: Saturday, Jan. 27 – 12 p.m.
Where: Lejeune Hall – Annapolis, Md.
Participating Teams: American, Georgetown, Lafayette, Navy, Shippensburg
Live Results: NavySports.com
A Look Back at the Last Meet
• Bucknell was downed by Lehigh, 155-133, on Jan. 20 at Jacobs Pool in its final dual meet of the season.
• Chris Devlin and Chadd Cummings combined for five of the Bison's six wins.
• Devlin placed first in the 100 backstroke, 200 backstroke and 200 IM while Cummings touched the wall before the rest of the field in the 100 breaststroke and 200 breaststroke. Devlin's time of 1:49.18 in the 200 backstroke would have been seventh in school history if he wasn't already the record holder (1:43.14).
• Matt McGoey was Bucknell's other individual winner, taking first in the 200 butterfly. He was also the runner-up in the 200 backstroke and 200 IM and anchored the runner-up 200 freestyle relay team.
• Garrett Sommer took second in both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives. The freshman's score of 243.59 in the 1-meter dive would have made the Bison's top 10 if he didn't already own the seventh-best mark (259.73).
• In addition, Bucknell posted 15 second- and third-place finishes.
Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bison wrapped up the dual meet portion of their schedule with a 2-7 (2-4 Patriot League) record.
• In 2016-17, the Bison finished 4-6 (4-3 Patriot League). They placed fourth (429 points) at the 10-team Patriot League Championship and 10th (134 points) at the 21-team ECAC Championship.
• Louis Behnen (1st), Chris Devlin (1st) and Jack Robinson (2nd) were Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League honorees.
• Devlin was also named the Male Swimmer of the Meet for the second-straight season after leading all swimmers with 58 points. Of Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League picks, only Devlin returns in 2017-18.
A Look Ahead
• The Bison return to Annapolis to compete at the Patriot League Championships on Feb. 14-17.