What: Navy (16-3, 6-2 PL) at Bucknell (11-8, 5-3 PL)
Where: Sojka Pavilion (Lewisburg, Pa.)
When: Wednesday, Jan. 24 (6 p.m.)
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: BucknellBison.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (10.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.8 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (2.3 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.7 apg)
G: Kate Walker (11.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.4 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (11.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.1 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (6.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.3 apg)
With a Win Over Navy, Bucknell Would ...
• improve to 12-8 on the season.
• improve to 7-3 at home this season.
• improve to 37-4 at Sojka Pavilion over the last three seasons.
• improve to 36-28 in the all-time series with the Mids.
• win a sixth consecutive game in the series with the Mids.
• improve to 214-175 all-time in Patriot League play.
• improve to 39-6 in Patriot League play over the last three seasons.
• Bucknell and Navy square off for the first time since going toe-to-toe in a thrilling Patriot League title game last season at Sojka Pavilion. The Bison weathered 14 3-pointers by the Mids and overcame an 11-point deficit in a 79-71 overtime win. Claire DeBoer, now graduated, turned in one of the best postseason performances in league history with 30 points and 10 rebounds.
• Despite both teams graduating key players from last year's rosters, Navy and Bucknell again find themselves in the top half of the league standings as the midway point of the league schedule approaches. The Mids are tied for second at 6-2 in the conference, while the Bison sit one game back in fourth at 5-3.
• Bucknell may have a five-game winning streak against Navy, but that doesn't tell the whole story of the budding rivalry between the teams. As previously mentioned, the Bison erased an 11-point deficit in last season's Patriot League title game. That game was played just two weeks after the Bison came back from 19 points down to win 63-54 and clinch the regular season title on the Mids' home court. The past three Bucknell wins in the series came by single-digits, while Navy's last win in the series is notable as it came at Sojka Pavilion and eliminated the Bison from the 2015 conference tournament.
• The Bison are 31-of-35 from the foul line over the past two games and rank second in the Patriot League and 48th in the nation in free throw percentage. They finished first in the conference in free throw percentage in three of the past four seasons and have shot over 70 percent from the line in each of the past six seasons.
• Including this season, Bucknell has been by far the best team in league play over the last three seasons, posting a record of 38-6. That's seven games better than the next best, which is Army West Point at 31-13. Navy is third at 29-15.
• The Bison have also found a ton of success in the month of January in recent seasons, hitting their stride at the start of the league schedule The Bison are 20-3 in January over the last three seasons. They have lost just one home game in January since 2015.
• No conference opponent has a current winning streak of more than one game against Bucknell. The Bison have current win streaks of eight against Boston University, seven against Lafayette, five against Colgate, five against Navy, and three against Army West Point. They also won the most recent matchup with Holy Cross.
• Navy has the best overall record (16-3) and the second best conference record (6-2) in the Patriot League after recording four straight wins over Colgate (70-54), Holy Cross (65-58), Army West Point (70-44), and Lafayette (65-59).
• The Mids rolled to a 10-1 record in non-conference play, but the best performance may have been in the loss. That came in overtime, 94-87, at New Mexico.
• All three of Navy's losses have come on the road this season, including league losses to Lehigh (66-63) and American (46-41). The Mids are a perfect 11-0 at home.
• Navy has both the top scoring offense (70.9) and the top scoring defense (56.0) in the conference. A large chunk of the Mids' offense comes from beyond the arc, where they make a league-high 8.3 3-pointers per game.
• The Mids finished second in the regular season standings and in the conference tournament last season.
How to Get the Game
• Wednesday's game can be seen online free of charge on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at BucknellBison.com
Bucknell vs. Navy Series Notes
• Bucknell and Navy will meet for the 64th time. The Bison hold a 35-28 lead in the all-time series
• The Bison have won five straight games in the series, including an overtime win in the Patriot League title game last season.
• The Bison are 8-5 against Navy under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• Kaitlyn Slagus has averaged 13.2 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.6 assists, and 1.0 blocks in five career games against Navy. Kate Walker has averaged 10.3 points and 2.0 assists in four career games.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 256-233 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 213-175 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won three Patriot League titles and have played in the title game four times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is 181st out of 351 teams in the latest RPI.
• Navy is ranked 22nd in the latest CollegeInsider.com Women's Mid-Major Top 25. The Mids are 83rd in the RPI.
• Bucknell will host Boston University on Saturday at 2 p.m.