Setting the Scene
What: NJIT Winter Invitational
When: Saturday, Jan. 27-Sunday, Jan.28
Where: The Naimoli Family Athletic and Recreational Facility (Newark, N.J.)
Watch Live: NJITHighlanders.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell will compete at the NJIT Winter Invitational on Friday and Saturday, squaring off in the round-robin format against NJIT, Monmouth, and Fairleigh Dickinson.
• The Bison will compete in the NJI Invitational for the first time. The event was first held during the 2016 season.
• Bucknell should be prepared for the competition after its challenging opening weekend of tennis. The Bison opened the spring season with a match at No. 3 North Carolina, and followed that with a tough opponent in Wofford.
• Play at NJIT starts at 9 a.m. each day. Over the two days, each position of one through sixth singles, and one through third doubles will get to play three singles matches and three doubles matches against an opponent from another school at the same position. Opponents will be scheduled ahead of time in a random order.
• The Highlanders are set to compete for the first time this spring.
• NJIT went 7-14 overall and 15 in the Atlantic Sun last season, including a 7-0 win over Bucknell.
• Aleksa Petrovic was named to the Atlantic Sun All-Freshman Team last year.
• The Hawks are 0-2 after falling 7-0 to Old Dominion and 4-3 to William & Mary.
• Monmouth as won back-to-back MAAC tiles, and was picked to win the conference again this season.
• The Hawks had all six players in their lineup earn All-MAAC honors at the end of last season.
Scouting Fairleigh Dickinson
• The Knights are set to compete for the first time this spring.
• Fairleigh Dickinson went 6-13 overall and 1-3 in the NEC last season. The Knights fell to Bryant in the semifinal round of the conference tournament.
• The Bison will play La Salle at the Hershey Racquet Club on Saturday, Feb. 3.