Women's Track and Field Hits the Road this Weekend
Setting the Scene
What: Scarlet and White Invitational
When: February 3, 2018
Where: Track and Tennis Center- Boston, Mass.
About the Bison/Last Time Out
- Bucknell returns to competition after a pair of meets. A group of Bison traveled to Penn State while another remained in Lewisburg.
- At the Penn State National Invitational, Christine Bendzinski was the top collegiate runner in the mile, taking fifth and setting a new school record with a time of 4:44.55.
- Tiara Tardy posted an ECAC-qualifying time in the 1,000m clocking in at 2:51.31 and finishing in second place. Tardy now ranks sixth on the all-time top-10 list in the event. She also ran the third leg of the DMR that placed first and qualified for ECAC with a time of 12:08.17 at the Bison Open and Multi.
- Colleen Buckley placed sixth in the 3,000m with an ECAC-qualifying time of 9:39. 05. She currently sits in second on the all-time top-10 list.
- Gianna Mincone came in third place in the 800m run clocking in a time of 2:15.77.
- Delia Sipe placed ninth in the shot put with a toss of 41-08 ¾.
- Natalie Waterhouse won the 400-meter dash at the Bison Open and Multi with a time of 58.94.
- Rebecca Rooney finished first in the 500m clocking in at 1:19.20 and Abigail Turco placed second with a time of 1:20.02.
- Emma Dolen took first in the mile clocking in at 5:13.94.
- Molly Montalvo finished second in the weight throw with a toss of 53-09.
- Kaitlin Salisbury placed second in the triple jump, leaping 38-02.
- Bucknell currently ranks 13th in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Quote From Head Coach Kevin Donner
- "This will be our first time at Boston University for a regular season meet. They have a world class facility and draw top notch competition. I believe we fit very well in this meet and we should be able to hold our own. We should see a lot of ECAC-IC4A marks being hit as well as some all-time top-10 marks. It is that time of year."
- The Bison have one last meet before the Patriot League Championships, the Bucknell Tune-Up on Feb. 9.