Men's Track and Field Set to Host Bucknell Tune-Up on Friday
Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell Tune-Up.
When: Friday, February 9, 2018
Where: Gerhard Fieldhouse- Lewisburg, Pa.
About the Bison/Last Time Out
- With one week to go before the Patriot League Indoor Championships, the Bison will host their fifth meet of the year.
- Bucknell returns to action after a meet at Boston University.
- The Bison added four IC4A-qualifying marks at the Scarlet and White Invitational. Jacob Stupak ran a personal best 4:06.25 in the mile and moved up to fourth on Bucknell’s
- William Melchionni earned an IC4A-qualifying when he ran 21.80 in the 200-meter dash. He’s tied for third in program history with Noel Powell on the all-time list.
- Alex Dessoye continued his excellent freshman campaign by recording an IC4A standard in the 400m (48.74). He sits in sixth-place on the all-time top-10 list.
- Connor McMenamin had quite the showing in the 5,000 running a time of 14:42.33 and qualified for IC4A.
- Nicholas Marino set a new personal best in the pole vault, clearing 15-10. He’s currently fourth on the all-time list.
- The Bison Rank 11th in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Last Year at Bucknell Tune-Up
- Bucknell won ten events at last season’s Bucknell Tune-Up.
- Nicholas Lombardo (high jump), David Frering (1,000m), Matthew Fay (pole vault), Jacob Ashkettle (400m), and Scott Gulizio (800m) each won their respective event.
- Nicholas Lombardo (high jump, long jump, triple jump)
- Jacob Stupak (mile, 3,000m)
- Nicholas Marino (pole vault)
- William Melchionni (200m)
- Alex Dessoye (400m)
- Connor McMenamin (5,000m)
- Jeffrey Brown (60m, 200m)
- Sean Conway (800m)
- Drew Dorflinger (Mile)
- Will Bordash (Mile)
- Scott Gulizio (1,000m)
- Sean Conway (500m)
- 4X400 Relay
Weekly Awards Won by the Bison
- Nicholas Lombardo (Jan. 23)- Patriot League Male Runner of the Week
- Alex Dessoye (Jan. 23)- Patriot League Male Rookie of the Week
- The Bison will compete in the Patriot League Indoor Championships, looking to win their first indoor title since 2012.