Setting the Scene
What: Bison Invitational
When: Saturday, Feb. 10 to Sunday, Feb. 11
Where: Kinney Natatorium – Lewisburg, Pa.
Tournament Central: BucknellBison.com
Game One: Gannon (0-0, 0-0 WWPA) vs. Bucknell (2-2, 0-0 CWPA)
When: Saturday, Feb. 10 – 11:30 a.m.
Video: Patriot League Network
Game Two: Saint Francis (Pa.) (0-0, 0-0 CWPA) vs. Bucknell (2-2, 0-0 CWPA)
When: Saturday, Feb. 10 – 3:30 p.m.
Video: Patriot League Network
Game Three: George Washington (0-0, 0-0 CWPA) vs. Bucknell (2-2, 0-0 CWPA)
When: Sunday, Feb. 11 – 8 a.m.
Game Four: Siena (0-0, 0-0 MAAC) vs. Bucknell (2-2, 0-0 CWPA)
When: Sunday, Feb. 11 – 11 a.m.
Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bison are currently 2-2 (0-0 CWPA) on the season and received votes in the most recent CWPA poll. At the Bruno Classic on Feb. 3-4, they topped Villanova (14-7) and McKendree (15-4) and fell to Cal Baptist (8-7) and No. 15 Wagner (13-10).
• A year ago, Bucknell went 14-18 (2-6 CWPA) and placed sixth at the CWPA Championship.
• In the CWPA preseason poll, Bucknell was selected to finish sixth. Michigan, Indiana and Hatwick were tabbed as the top three teams.
• Through the opening weekend of competition, Emily Konishi (5g-11a), Colleen Barron (6g-4a) and Ally Furano (6g-4a) are the Bison's top point producers. With seven goals, Kali Hyham is the team leader.
• Shyla Lintz has drawn a team-high 11 ejections while Konishi leads Bucknell with nine steals. Manuela Herrera made 17 saves in her three starts; she now stands fifth in school history with 399 career stops.
• Against the Seahawks on Feb. 4, Barron netted her 100th career goal and Konishi registered her 100th career assist. Konishi, who enters the Bison Invitational with 101 career helpers, is the ninth Bison to reach this career milestone.
• Bucknell has hosted a home invitational every year since 2009. That year, the Bison hosted the Elite Six Invitational; from 2010 since, Bucknell's home tournament has been known as the Bison Invitational.
Gannon at a Glance
• The Golden Knights begin their season against the Bison at the Bison Invitational.
• In 2017, Gannon went 6-13 and placed sixth at the WWPA Championships.
• Bucknell leads the all-time series with Gannon, 13-0.
• The Bison and Golden Knights faced off twice during the 2017 campaign. Bucknell topped Gannon at the Bison Invitational on Feb. 10 (15-6) and at the Mercyhurst Invitational Feb. 19 (14-11).
Saint Francis at a Glance
• The Red Flash begins its season against Bucknell at the Bison Invitational.
• In 2017, its inaugural campaign, Saint Francis went 11-22 (0-8 CWPA).
• Bucknell won the first meeting, 12-5, on April 2, 2017 at Kinney Natatorium.
George Washington at a Glance
• The Colonials begin their season against Siena at the Bison Invitational.
• In 2017, George Washington went 13-19 (1-7 CWPA).
• Bucknell leads the all-time series with George Washington, 39-21, and has won eight of the past 10 meetings.
• The Bison and Colonials met twice in 2017. George Washington won the first game on Feb. 18 at the Mercyhurst Invitational (9-7) while Bucknell took the second game on April 1 at Kinney Natatorium (14-6).
Siena at a Glance
• The Saints begin their season against George Washington at the Bison Invitational.
• In 2017, Siena went 7-24 (5-9 MAAC). The Saints failed to qualify for the MAAC Tournament.
• Bucknell leads the all-time series with Siena, 9-0.
• The Bison and Wildcats last met on Feb. 14, 2015 at the Bison Invitational. Bucknell downed Siena, 10-7, to improve to 3-0 on the day.
A Look Ahead
• The Bison will attend the Princeton Invitational on Feb. 17-18. They will face Marist (Feb. 17, 1 p.m.), the New York Athletic Club (Feb. 17, 6 p.m.), Wagner (Feb. 18, 10:30 a.m.) and the Chinese National Team (Feb. 18, 2:15 p.m.). Their games against the New York Athletic Club and the Chinese National Team are exhibitions.