Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (1-2) at Miami (3-2)
When: Sunday, Feb. 9 – 4 p.m.
Where: Neil Schiff Tennis Center (Coral Gables, Fla.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is set to play an ACC team for the second time in four matches as it travels to play Miami in Coral Gables, Florida, on Sunday. The Bison opened the season at then-No. 3 North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
• The Bison are 1-2 after posting a 5-2 win over La Salle in its most recent match. They also have a loss to Wofford this season.
• Max McDonald, Ben Gerber, Colin Sacco, and Max Garramone all had singles wins against the Explorers last match. The Bison swept the three doubles contests.
• Sacco leads the Bison at 10-3 during the fall and spring seasons combined. Max Garramone is next at 8-6 overall.
• Bucknell is going all over the map this season. In addition to their trips to North Carolina and Miami, the Bison also have a trip to California for matches in San Diego and Malibu, and have a match at Michigan State.
• Miami is 3-2 with wins over New Orleans, Georgia Southern, and Iowa, and losses to Tulane and Mississippi State.
• Two Hurricanes freshmen recently cracked the Oracle/ITA national rankings. Adria Soriano is ranked 99th in the nation, while Bojan Jankulovski is 101st.
• Bucknell and Miami have played one time in program history. The Hurricanes won the lone matchup in 1953.
• The Bison will play matches against Saint Francis, Butler, Youngstown State, and Cleveland State next weekend.