Setting the Scene
Friday, Feb. 16
4 p.m. | Bucknell (1-3) vs. Saint Francis (0-6) | The Club Sport and Health (Monroeville, Pa.)
Saturday, Feb. 17
10 a.m. | Bucknell (1-3) vs. Butler (5-2) | Medical Mutual Tennis Pavilion (Cleveland, Ohio)
5 p.m. | Bucknell (1-3) at Youngstown State (1-5) | Boardman Tennis Center (Boardman, Ohio)
Sunday, Feb. 18
10 a.m. | Bucknell (1-3) at Cleveland State (5-3) | Medical Mutual Tennis Pavilion (Cleveland, Ohio)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 1-3 after a 7-0 loss at Miami. The Bison’s lone win was a 5-2 victory over La Salle.
• The Bison have faced a tough schedule with two Power Five teams in the first four matches. In addition to Miami, they played at then-No. 3 North Carolina.
• Max Garramone, Ben Gerber, Max McDonald, and Colin Sacco each have one singles win in dual competition this season.
• The doubles teams of Gerber/Drew Krantz and Adrien Crastes/Colin Sacco are each 1-0 in dual competition.
Scouting the Opponents
• Saint Francis is 0-6 with losses to Navy, James Madison, Wright State, Lehigh, Carnegie Mellon, and Dayton. Alex Dylan Foo-Kune is 3-2, going 0-1 on court one and 3-1 on court two.
• Butler is 5-2 after posting consecutive victories over Dayton, Indianapolis, Youngstown State, and Valparaiso. Michael Dickson is 5-1 all on court four, while Ari Gerstein is 5-1 all on court six.
• Youngstown State 1-5 after consecutive losses to Southern Miss, Butler, and Indianapolis. Joao Garretto, Matthew Kritzinger, and Vasileios Vardakis are all 3-3 in singles.
• Cleveland State is 5-3 after a 4-3 loss at Ball State. That loss snapped a five-match winning streak. Nico Mostardi is a perfect 7-0 and has played all his matches in the top spot of the lineup.
Series History with the Opponents
• Bucknell leads the all-time series with Saint Francis 13-3. The teams first met in 1995. The Red Flash won 4-3 two seasons ago. Daniel Wright had a singles win for the Bison.
• Butler and Bucknell will meet for the first time in program history.
• The Bison are 3-0 all-time against Youngstown State, including a 4-3 victory two seasons ago. Wright and Andrei Vitiuc won in singles.
• Bucknell and Cleveland State are tied 1-1 in the all-time series after the Vikings won 4-3 last season. Vitiuc, Max Kane, and Ben Gerber had singles wins for the Bison.
• The Bison play at Delaware on Sunday, Feb. 25.