Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (1-7) at Delaware (6-2)
When: Sunday, Feb. 25 – 3 p.m.
Where: DuPont Country Club (Wilmington, Del.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 1-7 after losing matches to Saint Francis, Butler, Youngstown State, and Cleveland State last weekend.
• The Bison have played an extremely difficult schedule. Their opponents are a combined 42-27. Their five opponents with winning records – North Carolina, Wofford, Miami, Butler, and Cleveland State – are a combined 37-13.
• Max McDonald, Colin Sacco, and Max Kane all had singles wins last weekend. Kane had the most impressive win for the Bison, posting his victory on court two against Butler.
• Bucknell secured the doubles point in two of its matches last weekend. The teams of Ben Gerber/Daniel Wright and Timber Erskine/Kane won against Saint Francis, while the teams of Erskine/Kane and Andrei Vitiuc/McDonald won against Youngstown State.
• Delaware is 6-2 after winning four straight matches against Chestnut Hill, Swarthmore, Muhlenberg, and Yeshiva.
• The lone Division I victories for the Blue Hens came against Connecticut and Saint Joseph’s.
• Guilherme Valdoleiros is 6-1 during the spring season, including a 5-1 record on court six.
Series History with Delaware
• Bucknell is 28-23-1 all-time against Delaware. The teams first played in 1933.
• The Bison won the last meeting between the teams 6-1 in 2015. Daniel Wright, Ben Gerber, and Max Kane had singles wins.
• The Bison will play Siena, Colgate, Saint Joseph’s, and Drexel in a three-day span from March 2-4.