Setting the Scene
What: ECAC Indoor Championships
When: Friday-Sunday, March 2-4.
Where: Track and Tennis Center- Boston, Mass.
Live Results: LancerTiming.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
- Bucknell returns to action after winning its 18th Patriot League Indoor Championship in the 28-year history of the program.
- The Bison won five events, while 11 athletes earned All-Patriot League Honors.
- Christine Bendzinski and Colleen Buckley led the way for the Bison, earning two gold medals apiece. Bendzinski won the mile for the fourth consecutive season, becoming the fourth athlete in league history to win an individual event four years in a row. She was also a member of the first place 4X800 relay team along with Jenna Farmer, Gianna Mincone, and Tiara Tardy that recorded a time of 8:55.57, the fourth-fastest on Bucknell’s all-time list.
- Buckley earned Patriot League Athlete of the Meet honors after winning both the 3,000- (9:53.74) and 5,000-meter runs (16:55.89.) at the league championships. She also competed in the mile and placed fourth. Her performance in the 5,000 moved her up to second on Bucknell’s all-time list.
- Kafilat Oladiran broke a school record in the preliminaries of the 60-meter hurdles (8.68). She’d finish second in the finals, behind Teyha Noell (8.53) by clocking in at 8.83 to earn Second Team All-League accolades.
- Kaitlin Salisbury competed in the 60- and 200-meter dashes, as well as the long jump and triple jump at the Patriot League Championships. The sophomore took second in the 60 (7.69), ninth in the 200 (25.38), fourth in the triple jump (39-01) and 10th in the long jump (17-07).
- Tardy (4x800 relay), Mincone (4x8 relay), Farmer (4x8 relay), Alexa DiGregorio (long jump), Alexandra Butz (high jump), and Lauren Hudson (high jump) each earned All-Patriot League status in their respective event.
- Alexis Auman earned a bronze medal in the pentathlon at the Patriot League Indoor Championships, scoring a combined 3,254 points. Harper Stewart set a new personal-best by over 70 points, finishing in seventh place with 3,184 points, and Isabella Bjorkeson placed ninth with 3,075 points.
- On Monday, it was announced that Bendzinski, Hudson, Buckley, and DiGregorio were named to the Academic All-Patriot League Team. Bendzinski was also named Scholar-Athlete of the Year. She has now won the last four possible Scholar-Athlete awards. The senior was also honored in cross country this fall, and both indoor and outdoor track and field last year.
Last Year at ECAC Indoor Championships
- The Bison women earned All-East accolades in five events.
- Bendzinski had the best finish taking third in the 3,000 with a time of 9:32.77
Bucknell's ECAC Competitors
- Christine Bendzinski (mile)
- Colleen Buckley (5,000m)
- Tiara Tardy (800m)
- Jenna Farmer (mile)
- Kaitlin Salisbury (long jump, triple jump)
- Alexa DiGregorio (long jump)
- Lauren Hudson (high jump)
- Molly Montalvo (20 lb. weight throw)
- Margaret Thomson (5,000m)
- Lauren Gronbeck (5,000m)
- Madeleine Hunt (1,000m)
- Gianna Mincone (1,000m)
- Natalie Waterhouse (500m)
- Rebecca Rooney (500m)
- Carli Lucke (60m)
- Chloe Brown (pole vault)
- Kafilat Oladiran (60h)
- Isabella Bjorkeson (pentathlon)
- Harper Stewart (pentathlon)
- 4X400 relay
- Bucknell will open its outdoor season on Saturday, March 31, at the Jim Taylor Invitational.