Setting The Scene
What: 2018 Pinehurst Intercollegiate
When: Wednesday, March 14 through Friday, March 16 (tee times starting at 9 a.m.)
Where: Pinehurst #8, Pinehurst, N.C. (par-72, 6,053 yards)
The Field: 8 teams: Bucknell, Boston University, Eastern Kentucky, Gonzaga, Longwood, Louisiana-Monroe, Richmond, Southern New Hampshire
Live Scoring: GolfStat.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is spending its Spring Break at the famed Pinehurst Resort and will participate in the eight-team Pinehurst Intercollegiate this week. The Bison will go up against two Patriot League foes in Richmond and Boston University, which finished 1-2 at last year's Patriot League Championship.
• Bucknell's spring debut came two weeks ago at the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Classic, the largest collegiate tournament in the country. The Bison posted team scores of 325, 317 and 324. Dodovich had a consistent showing, carding three straight 78s. Langs (76) and Childers (78) also had rounds in the 70s.
• The Bison saw some tough competition in the fall, traveling to tournaments hosted by Loyola Chicago, Penn State, Yale and Delaware. Bucknell's average team score in 14 fall rounds was 319.7. The low round was a 308 in the first round of the Penn State Nittany Lion Invitational.
• Dodovich, a senior, had a terrific fall campaign. She led the team with a 76.8 scoring average, and she shot 75 or better six times, including four of her last five rounds. Her low round was an even-par 70 at the Bucknell Invitational, where she placed sixth individually. Dodovich also placed 12th at Loyola Chicago, T-14th at Delaware and T-16th at Yale.
• The freshman Morrow had one of the team's best rounds of the season with an opening 2-over-par 74 at the Delaware Invitational. Morrow also had her first career top-10 finish with a ninth-place showing at the Bucknell Invitational.
Bucknell at the Pinehurst Challenge
• This will be Bucknell's third appearance at the Pinehurst Challenge and first since the spring of 2014.
• In 2008 at Pinehurst No. 8, the Bison shot 328-335-326 and placed 21st. Emily Chiodo and Katie Jurenovich had the team's low rounds with 79s.
• In 2014 at Pinehurst No. 1, Bucknell finished T12th with rounds of 327-317 in a rain-shortened event. Lauren Bernard's 3-over 75 in round two was the team's best, followed by Bridget Wilcox with a 78.
• The Bison are back in action on March 19-20 at the Kingsmill Intercollegiate at the River Course in Williamsburg.