LEWISBURG, Pa. – The Bucknell women's lacrosse team continues Patriot League play with games against No. 10/8 Loyola and Lehigh this week.
After hosting the league-leading Greyhounds on Wednesday, April 18 at 6 p.m., the Bison travel to Bethlehem to face the Mountainhawks on Sunday, April 22 at 1 p.m.
No. 10/8 Loyola (10-3, 6-0 Patriot League) vs. Bucknell (3-10, 1-5 Patriot League)
When: Wednesday, April 18 – 6 p.m.
Where: Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium – Lewisburg, Pa.
Television: Stadium Active Markets
Internet Video: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
Follow on Twitter: @Bucknell_WLAX
Bucknell (3-10, 1-5 Patriot League) vs. Lehigh (9-5, 4-2 Patriot League)
When: Sunday, April 22 – 1 p.m.
Where: Ulrich Sports Complex – Bethlehem, Pa.
Internet Video: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: LehighSports.com
Follow on Twitter: @Bucknell_WLAX
Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bucknell women's lacrosse team is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2018. Established in 1978, the program has compiled a 211-391 all-time record.
• The Bison are currently 3-10 (1-5 Patriot League) on the season.
• In 2017, Bucknell went 9-8 (4-5 Patriot League). The Bison, who finished sixth in the Patriot League a year ago, were picked to place in the same spot in 2018, as voted on by the league’s coaches and sports information directors in the preseason poll.
• Bucknell's captains are seniors Katherine Doyle, Sarah Galzerano and Mary Margaret Kenney.
• Remington Steele was named the Bucknell women's lacrosse team's 12th head coach in August 2017. This is his first collegiate head coaching position.
Inside the Ohio State Box Score
• Bucknell edged Ohio State, 10-8, on April 11 at Pittsburgh's Mt. Lebanon High School.
• The Bison used a 7-1 run that stretched from the 21:43 mark of the first half to the 16:28 mark of the second to build a 9-4 lead, which proved too much for the Buckeyes to overcome even though they rallied to draw within a single strike with 5:08 remaining in the game.
• After Molly Wood made it a 9-8 game, Mary Margaret Kenney gave Bucknell needed breathing room by capitalizing on a free-position attempt with 3:46 on the clock. The Bison defense held fast the rest of the way, only giving up one shot on target.
• Jamie DeWitt was outstanding in net, turning aside 13 shots. Five of her saves came on free-position attempts.
• Eve Calabria recorded three of her game-best four points (3g-1a) during Bucknell's 7-1 run. She, Kenney (2g) and Morgan Steinhacker (2g) enjoyed multi-point outings.
• The Bison held a 14-6 advantage in draw controls thanks to Katherine Doyle (7) Steinhacker (4) and Kenney (2).
• Twins Jamie and Callie DeWitt tied for the game high with five ground balls while Sarah Galzerano and Sophia Klaber each caused a turnover.
Inside the Boston University Box Score
• Bucknell was downed by Boston University, 9-6, in a defensive struggle on April 14.
• The game proved to be a goalkeeper's duel, with Jamie DeWitt and Christine Laible each reaching the double digits in saves to hold her opponent under 10 goals. DeWitt finished the day with 17 saves, a new career high. For the Terriers, Laible stopped 10 shots to earn the victory.
• DeWitt topped her previous career high, set in the Bison's 15-10 loss at Lafayette on March 28, by one and has reached the double digits in saves in eight of 13 games.
• While the Bucknell twice drew within one after falling in an early hole, Boston University never allowed them to even the score. A 3-0 run in the middle of the second half gave the Terriers the breathing room they needed down the stretch.
• Six different Bison found the back of the net. Eve Calabria, who also notched an assist, led Bucknell with two points.
• Jessie Britton led all players with five ground balls while Callie DeWitt paced the Bison with three caused turnovers.
No. 10/8 Loyola at a Glance
• Loyola is currently 10-3 (6-0 Patriot League) on the season. This week, the Greyhounds were slotted 10th in the IWLCA Coaches Poll and eighth in the Inside Lacrosse Media Poll.
• Since joining the Patriot League for the 2014 season, Loyola is a perfect 40-0 in league action. The Greyhounds have won four-straight Patriot League regular-season titles and three of the past four tournament crowns.
• Loyola was selected to finish second in the Patriot League preseason poll. A league-best four Greyhounds were recognized on the Preseason All-Patriot League Team, headlined by Preseason Defensive Player of the Year Kristen Yanchoris.
• Loyola is fourth in the nation in scoring offense (16.23) and points per game (24.15). The Greyhounds boast a balanced attack with seven players who have reached the 20-point threshold. Not one stands in the national top 50 in points, with team leader Livy Rosenzweig (29g-22a) sitting four points shy.
• Loyola is an unbeaten 13-0 against Bucknell in the all-time series, which dates back to 1982. The Bison have never reached the double digits in goals in a game against the Greyhounds.
• Last year, Loyola dropped Bucknell, 15-8, in Baltimore. The Greyhounds, who moved to 7-0 in Patriot League action with their victory, were bolstered by a 9-3 opening half.
Lehigh at a Glance
• Lehigh is currently 9-5 (4-2 Patriot League) on the season. The Mountainhawks won their past three games, all Patriot League contests, by a combined margin of 42-25.
• Lehigh was selected to place third in the Patriot League preseason poll after going 12-6 (6-3 Patriot League) in 2017.
• Sondra Dickey has led the Mountainhawk attack with 55 points (40g-15a). In net, Samantha Sagi has made 128 saves and owns a 11.18 goals against average.
• Lehigh is 30-11 against Bucknell in the all-time series, which dates back to 1978. The Mountainhawks have won their past nine meetings with the Bison.
• Last year, Lehigh routed Bucknell in their regular-season finale, 12-4. Then, the Mountainhawks eliminated the Bison from the Patriot League tournament with a commanding 15-5 win in the opening round.
• Goals: Eve Calabria (17)
• Assists: Eve Calabria (12)
• Points: Eve Calabria (29)
• Shots: Morgan Steinhacker (68)
• Ground balls: Jamie DeWitt (38)
• Caused turnovers: Jessie Britton and Katherine Doyle (15)
• Draw controls: Morgan Steinhacker (41)
• Save Percentage: Jamie DeWitt (.464)
• Goals Against Average: Jamie DeWitt (12.42)
• Saves: Jamie DeWitt (136)
Single-Season Milestone Watch
• Jamie DeWitt: Needs two ground balls to crack Bucknell's top 10 for second time with 40
• Morgan Steinhacker: Needs seven draw controls to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 48
Career Milestones Met Last Week
• Jamie DeWitt: Moved to eighth in ground balls; now has 113
Career Milestone Watch
• Jamie DeWitt: Needs seven ground balls to move to seventh with 120; needs 18 to move to sixth with 131
• Jamie DeWitt: Needs 29 saves to crack Bucknell's top eight with 412
• Katherine Doyle: Needs one caused turnover to move to eighth with 58; needs 11 to move to seventh with 68
• Katherine Doyle: Needs seven ground balls to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 104
• Eve Lukowski: Needs four assists to enter a tie for fourth with 56
A Look Ahead
• The Bison close the regular season by hosting Army West Point for Senior Day on Friday, April 27 at 4 p.m. Before the game, they will recognize seniors Katherine Doyle, Sarah Galzerano, Mary Margaret Kenney, Eve Lukowski, Corley Simons and Erika Stube.