Setting the Scene What:
Patriot League Women's Tennis Championship
When: April 20-22
Where: Malek Tennis Center (Outdoor) and Lichtenberg Tennis Center (Indoor) | West Point, N.Y.
2018 Patriot League Women's Tennis Tournament Schedule
Thursday, April 19 - First Round
No. 8 Colgate vs. No. 9 Holy Cross, 3 p.m.
Friday, April 20 - Quarterfinals
No. 1 Navy vs. No. 8/No. 9 winner, 8:30 a.m.
No. 4 Lehigh vs. No. 5 Bucknell, 11 a.m.
No. 3 Boston University vs. No. 6 Loyola, 1:30 p.m.
No. 2 Army West Point vs. No. 7 Lafayette, 4 p.m.
Saturday, April 21 - Semifinals
1/8/9 winner vs. 4/5 winner, 10 a.m.
2/7 winner vs. 3/6 winner, 2 p.m.
Sunday, April 22- Championship
Patriot League Championship, 12 p.m.
Projected Lineups (Bucknell Player vs. Lehigh Player) – Records are during spring season
1. Lisa Jouravleva (11-7, 2-3 PL) vs. Christina Auyeung (11-7, 3-3 PL)
2. Paige Leavy (12-7, 3-2 PL)) vs. Paula Gonzalez (10-8, 4-2 PL)
3. Mishi Papich (11-9, 1-3 PL) vs. Sibel Can (10-7, 4-1 PL)
4. Cayla Koch (11-8, 3-1 PL) vs. Grace Lin (8-7, 2-2 PL)
5. Sofia Ayuso (12-2, 3-1 PL) vs. Breezy Maravich (11-7, 5-1 PL)
6. Rachel Carroll (1-0, 0-0 PL) vs. Casey Zhong (9-9, 4-2 PL)
1. Jouravleva/Leavy (13-6, 3-1 PL) vs. Auyeung/Zhong (9-8, 2-3 PL)
2. Koch/Emilie Bush (6-4, 2-2 PL) vs. Gonzalez/Can (6-4, 4-2 PL)
3. Papich/Ayuso (9-2, 3-2 PL) vs. Lin/Maravich (3-3, 2-2 PL)
About the Bison
• Bucknell finished the regular season at 14-7 overall and 3-2 in the Patriot League, closing the season with a 6-1 win over Loyola, the sixth seed in the conference tournament.
• The Bison are 11-3 all-time in the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament. Six of their 11 wins came by shutout. • This is just the third time Bucknell has been the fifth seed in the Patriot League Tournament. The Bison advanced to the semifinal round as the No. 5 seed with a 5-4 win over Lehigh in 2000 and with a 4-0 win over Lehigh in 2012.
• A pair of freshmen have had outstanding first seasons with Bucknell. Sofia Ayuso, who is projected to play on court five, is 12-2 overall and 3-1 against league opponents. Cayla Koch, who is projected to play on court four, is 11-8 overall and 3-1 against conference opponents.
• Senior Lisa Jouravleva will play on court one for the Bison. She went 11-7 this spring and goes into the tournament with a big win after beating Loyola’s Kateri Martin in the final regular season match. Martin was 4-0 against league opponents prior to the loss.
• Paige Leavy (12-7), Mishi Papich (11-9), and Rachel Carroll (1-0) round out Bucknell’s projected singles lineup. Leavy and Papich are set to play on courts two and three, respectively, while Carroll is slotted in for court six.
• Bucknell will be without senior Madeline Melch against Lehigh. Melch went 10-5 overall and 3-2 against league opponents this spring while playing the majority of her matches on court six.
• Lehigh is 10-9 overall and 4-3 in the Patriot League after losing to Army West Point and Boston University in the final two matches of the regular season.
• Christina Auyeung is 11-7 while playing all of her matches on court one. Breezy Maravich is 11-7 while playing on courts five and six.
• Auyeung is a three-time First Team All-Patriot League selection.
• Bucknell is 27-26 all-time against Lehigh, but the Mountain Hawks have won the past two meetings, including a 4-1 win this season. Sofia Ayuso had a win on court five in the match this season. Mishi Papich was winning her match on court three when the result was clinched.
• The Bison are a perfect 8-0 against the Mountain Hawks in the Patriot League Tournament, beating them five times in the quarterfinal round and three times in the semifinal round.
• Most recently, Bucknell beat Lehigh 5-2 in the quarterfinal round of the 2016 Patriot League Tournament. Lisa Jouravleva beat Grace Lin in straight sets in that match.