LEWISBURG, Pa. – The Bucknell women's lacrosse team concludes its 40th anniversary season by hosting Army West Point on Friday at 4 p.m.
Before the game, the Bison will recognize seniors Katherine Doyle, Sarah Galzerano, Mary Margaret Kenney, Eve Lukowski, Corley Simons and Erika Stube. The class of 2018 helped Bucknell qualify for back-to-back Patriot League Tournaments for the second time in program history and has excelled in the classroom, combining for a 3.41 cumulative grade point average and 13 Patriot League Academic Honor Roll nods. Its number also includes a Patriot League Women's Lacrosse Scholar-Athlete of the Year in Lukowski.
Army West Point (9-7, 3-5 Patriot League) vs. Bucknell (3-12, 1-7 Patriot League)
When: Friday, April 27 – 4 p.m.
Where: Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium – Lewisburg, Pa.
Internet Video: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
Follow on Twitter: @Bucknell_WLAX
Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bucknell women's lacrosse team is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2018. Established in 1978, the program has compiled a 211-393 all-time record.
• The Bison are currently 3-12 (1-7 Patriot League) on the season. They were eliminated from Patriot League Tournament contention with their loss to then No. 10/8 Loyola on April 18.
• In 2017, Bucknell went 9-8 (4-5 Patriot League). The Bison, who finished sixth in the Patriot League a year ago, were picked to place in the same spot in 2018, as voted on by the league’s coaches and sports information directors in the preseason poll.
• Bucknell's captains are seniors Katherine Doyle, Sarah Galzerano and Mary Margaret Kenney.
• Remington Steele was named the Bucknell women's lacrosse team's 12th head coach in August 2017. This is his first collegiate head coaching position.
Inside the Loyola Box Score
• Then No. 10/8 Loyola cruised to an 18-6 victory over Bucknell to remain undefeated in Patriot League action on April 18.
• The Bison came out strong, racing out to a 2-0 lead on a pair of Sarah Galzerano goals netted just over a minute apart. Bucknell's defense held Loyola off the board for almost the first 10 minutes of the contest, with Jamie DeWitt making five stops over that span.
• The Greyhounds closed the first half on a 5-0 run to build a 9-4 lead. They went on to score nine of the second half's 11 goals.
• DeWitt finished with 15 saves, two shy of the career high she set in Bucknell's 2018 game at Boston University
• Galzerano (2g) and Audrey Walsh (2g) led the Bison offense.
Inside the Lehigh Box Score
• Lehigh locked up the third seed in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament with a 14-5 win over Bucknell on April 22.
• The Mountain Hawks used a 10-2 second half to roll past the Bison.
• Audrey Walsh led Bucknell with three points (2g-1a) while Katherine Doyle paced the team in ground balls (6), draw controls (5) and caused turnovers (4).
• Jamie DeWitt made 12 saves and has now reached the double digits in saves in 10 of 15 games. Her 2018 total of 163 saves is a new career high, 23 more than her 2016 total.
Army West Point at a Glance
• Army is currently 9-7 (3-5 Patriot League) in its third season of competition.
• The Black Knights will likely miss the Patriot League Tournament even with a win over the Bison. They need Lafayette to beat Colgate and Holy Cross to down Loyola.
• Entering the regular-season finale, eight different Black Knights have reached the 20-point plateau. In net, Maddie Burns has started all 16 games, making 116 saves with a 10.78 goals against average and .451 save percentage.
• This will be the third meeting between Army and Bucknell. The Bison won the previous two meetings in 2016 (19-9) and 2017 (11-8).
• Last year, Maddy Molinari scored four goals and Christina Manis dished out four assists to lead Bucknell to a road victory. After racing out to an early 3-0 lead, the Bison never trailed.
• Goals: Eve Calabria (18)
• Assists: Eve Calabria (13)
• Points: Eve Calabria (31)
• Shots: Morgan Steinhacker (76)
• Ground balls: Jamie DeWitt (43)
• Caused turnovers: Katherine Doyle (20)
• Draw controls: Morgan Steinhacker (43)
• Save percentage: Jamie DeWitt (.463)
• Goals against average: Jamie DeWitt (12.91)
• Saves: Jamie DeWitt (163)
Single-Season Milestones Met Last Week
• Jamie DeWitt: Cracked Bucknell's top 10 for second time in ground balls; 2018 total of 43 ranks sixth
Single-Season Milestone Watch
• Jamie DeWitt: Needs two ground balls to move to fourth; needs three to move to second; needs seven to break school record
• Morgan Steinhacker: Needs five draw controls to crack Bucknell's top 10 with 48; six to move to eighth with 49; needs eight to move to sixth with 51
Career Milestones Met Last Week
• Katherine Doyle: Cracked Bucknell's top 10 in ground balls; now has 105
Career Milestone Watch
• Jamie DeWitt: Needs two ground balls to move to seventh with 120; needs 13 to move to sixth with 131
• Jamie DeWitt: Needs two saves to crack Bucknell's top eight with 412
• Katherine Doyle: Needs one caused turnover to move to eighth with 58
• Katherine Doyle: Needs one ground ball to move to ninth with 106
• Eve Lukowski: Needs three assists to enter a tie for fourth with 56