Setting the Scene
What: ECAC Outdoor Championships
When: May 12-13
Where: Weaver Stadium - Princeton, N.J.
Live Results: ECACSports.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
• The Bison most recently competed at the Patriot League Outdoor Championships, where they took second behind Navy. They were attempting to capture their second-straight Patriot League Triple Crown but fell short of the Mids, who locked up the title by earning 13 top-three finishes on the final day.
• Three Bison captured Patriot League gold: Christine Bendzinski (1,500m), Colleen Buckley (5,000m, 10,000m) and Maura Fiamoncini (javelin).
• Fiamoncini was also named the Patriot League Rookie of the Meet after breaking a Patriot League Championship record that had stood since 2007 en route to her title. Her distance of 166-3 was nearly six feet further than the previous record.
• Bendzinski will graduate with six Patriot League track & field titles and two Patriot League cross country crowns. She was also a member of four 4x800 teams that secured Patriot League gold. This season, Buckley won the Patriot League's indoor and outdoor 5,000-meter run titles and was honored as the Athlete of the Patriot League Indoor Championships.
• Bucknell's other All-Patriot League selections were silver medalists Bendzinski (5,000m), Lauren Hudson (high jump), Molly Montalvo (hammer throw) and Kaitlin Salisbury (long jump, triple jump). In total, the Bison took 10 medals back to Lewisburg; Rebecca Rooney, Carli Lucke, Jennifer Dietrich and Tiara Tardy earned bronze in the 4x400 relay to help their team hold off Lehigh for second.
• Two Bison set school records at the two-day event: Hudson (high jump) and Salisbury (100m, long jump).
• Fiamoncini's 184-5 mark in the javelin, set at the Jim Taylor Invitational, remains the third best in the nation. She is the only underclassman in the top five and one of three in the top 10. Her distance shattered Bucknell's school record by over 25 feet.
• The Bison are currently ranked 10th in the Mid-Atlantic Region. They have held that spot since the week of April 16.
The 2017 ECAC Championships
• At the 2017 ECAC Championships, the Bison finished third in the team standings for the second-straight year. The Bison matched their school record in both place and points (38), which was set at the 2016 edition.
• Jenna Farmer became the fourth Bison to win an individual ECAC title. She captured 3,000-meter run gold by clocking in at 9:48.98, which was nearly two seconds faster than her seed time.
• Farmer was one of six Bison to earn 2018 All-East accolades, joining Sarah Chandler (3,000 steeplechase, 2nd), Rebecca Skovira (javelin, 2nd), Kaitlin Salisbury (long jump, 4th), Meg Sangimino (javelin, 5th) and Colleen Buckley (10,000m, 7th).
2018 ECAC Qualifiers (^ denotes event athlete will compete in)
• Alexis Auman (long jump)
• Hanna Beer (javelin^)
• Christine Bendzinski (1,500m, 3,000m, 5,000m)
• Colleen Buckley (3,000m, 5,000m, 10,000m)
• Alexa DiGregorio (long jump)
• Jenna Farmer (3,000m)
• Maura Fiamoncini (javelin^)
• Kasey Getkin (javelin^)
• Lauren Hudson (high jump^)
• Carli Lucke (100m^)
• Molly Montalvo (hammer throw^)
• Christine O'Kane (10,000m^)
• Kafilat Oladiran (100 hurdles^)
• Taylor Oxley (javelin^)
• Kaitlin Salisbury (100m, long jump^, triple jump^)
• Ella Schultz (shot put)
• Tiara Tardy (800m^)
• Margaret Thomson (3,000 steeplechase^)
• 4x100 relay^
• 4x400 relay
• 4x800 relay^
A Look Ahead
• Bison who qualify for the NCAA East Preliminary Meet will compete on May 24-26 in Tampa, Fla. for a spot at the 2018 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships.