Setting the Scene
What: No. 2 Penn State (5-0, 0-0 Big Ten) at Bucknell (3-3, 0-0 PL)
When: Tuesday, Sept. 12 – 7 p.m.
Where: Graham Field (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
About the Bison
•Bucknell is 3-3 overall following home wins over Columbia and LIU Brooklyn this past weekend. The Bison hung on for a 4-3 win over the Lions on Friday and then cruised to an 8-0 shutout over the Blackbirds on Sunday.
•Brittany Willwerth was named the Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week and Bucknell’s Bison Athlete of the Week after totaling five goals and two assists in the two games. She had two goals in the win over the Lions and followed that with three goals and two assists in the victory over the Blackbirds. It was Bucknell’s first hat-trick since 2015.
•Lexi Quick was tabbed as the Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week. She had two assists against Columbia and two goals against LIU Brooklyn. She also helped with a defensive effort that allowed just one shot on goal by the Blackbirds.
•Ten players have combined for Bucknell’s 17 goals. No other team in the Patriot League has had more than eight different goal scorers this season.
•Bucknell will play a team ranked in the top five nationally for the second time this season. The Bison played then-No. 5 Syracuse on the road.
•Tuesday will mark the first night game at Graham Field since Bucknell hosted Cornell on Sept. 5, 2012. The Bison won that game 2-1.
About Penn State
• Penn State is 5-0 with wins over Old Dominion, Virginia, Temple, Wake Forest, and Princeton. It has out-scored its opponents 13-0 over the past three games.
• The Nittany Lions are ranked second in the nation.
• Moira Putsch and Gini Bramley lead the team with four goals apiece.
Series History with Penn State
• Penn State leads 34-0 in a series that began in 1973.
• The Lions won decisively last season in University Park, but the Bison kept it close in a 3-1 loss in Lewisburg two seasons ago.
• Nicole Rupnik scored with an assist from Brittany Willwerth two seasons ago.
• Bucknell opens conference play with a game at No. 20 American on Saturday at 11 a.m. The Bison will play a non-conference game at No. 11 Maryland at 1 p.m. the following day.