Setting the Scene
What: UMBC (0-0) at Bucknell (0-0)
When: Saturday, September 30 – 1 p.m.
Where: Kinney Natatorium – Lewisburg, Pa.
Live Results: BucknellBison.com
200 Medley Relay
400 Free Relay
Note: Diving events will be run concurrently with swimming events
Bucknell at a Glance
• In 2016-17, the Bison finished 4-6 (4-3 Patriot League). They placed fourth (429 points) at the 10-team Patriot League Championship and 10th (134 points) at the 21-team ECAC Championship.
• Louis Behnen (1st), Chris Devlin (1st) and Jack Robinson (2nd) were Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League honorees.
• Devlin was also named the Male Swimmer of the Meet for the second-straight season after leading all swimmers with 58 points. Of Bucknell's 2017 All-Patriot League picks, only Devlin returns in 2017-18.
• The Bison have never finished lower than fourth at the Patriot League Championship.
• The program welcomes eight newcomers in 2017-18. The student-athletes hail from six states: Pennsylvania (2), Virginia (2), Illinois, Kentucky, New Jersey and Ohio.
UMBC at a Glance/Series History
• This is the 11-straight year the Bison will open their season against the Retrievers. Every year since 2007, the teams have met in the first weekend of the season for an unscored meet. Seven of those meetings occurred at Kinney Natatorium.
• The Retrievers won their third-straight CCSA title in 2016-17. They totaled 1,522 points to take down seven other teams in their final campaign in the CCSA.
• UMBC also finished third at the 21-team ECAC Championship, totaling 358 points. Alexander Gliese defended his title in the 200 backstroke, touching the wall in 1:44.73.