Setting the Scene
What: La Salle (0-2) vs. Bucknell (0-2)
When: Saturday, Feb. 3 – 4:45 p.m.
Where: Hershey Racquet Club (Hershey, Pa.)
About the Bison
• Bucknell returns to dual competition after competing in the four-team NJIT Winter Invitational last weekend. Colin Sacco and Max Garramone each went 2-1 in singles to lead the Bison at the event.
• The Bison faced solid competition at NJIT, including back-to-back NCAA qualifier Monmouth.
• Sacco upped his record to 9-3 in singles. He is 2-2 during the spring season.
• Garramone moved over the .500 mark at 7-6 overall. He is also 2-2 during the spring season.
• Bucknell is looking for its first dual win of the year after opening with losses to a pair of tough opponents in No. 3 North Carolina and Wofford.
• The Bison have four captains, all seniors, this season. They will be led by Timber Erskine, Ben Gerber, Max Kane, and Daniel Wright.
Scouting La Salle
• La Salle is 0-2 with a 5-2 loss to Morgan State and a 7-0 loss to Navy.
• Francesco Mowrey has the lone singles win for the Explorers. It came on court one against Morgan State.
• The Explorers went 4-15 last season. One of the wins came against a Patriot League opponent (Lafayette).
Series History with La Salle
• Bucknell leads 6-0 in a series that began in 1951.
• The Bison have beaten La Salle in each of the past two seasons, winning the matches by a combined 13-1 score.
• Max Kane and Andrei Vitiuc have won singles matches in each of the past two wins.
• The Bison will make the trip south to play at Miami on Sunday, Feb. 11.