Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell Fall Invite
When: Friday (2 p.m.), Saturday (9 a.m.), Sunday (9 a.m.)
Where: Varsity Courts (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Teams: Bucknell, Howard, IUP, Lafayette, Loyola (Md.), Mount St. Mary’s, Saint Francis
About the Bison
• Bucknell returns six players that started at least five matches during the 2017 spring season – Jill Auteri, Danielle Gannon, Lisa Jouravleva, Paige Leavy, Madeline Melch, Mishi Papich.
• The Bison went 32-36 in fall tournaments last season. Auteri, Leavy, and Papich all went 6-4.
• Leavy and Auteri won titles at the Bucknell Fall Invite last season.
• Jouravleva was named to the 2017 All-Patriot League First Team. She went 9-1 in singles during the spring season, including a 4-1 mark against Patriot League opponents.
• Bucknell was tabbed as an ITA All-Academic Team after posting a team GPA of 3.61 last season. Seven players earned ITA Scholar-Athlete status.
Scouting the Opponents
• Howard went 3-9 overall and 3-3 in the MEAC last season before falling to South Carolina State in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament.
• IUP went 20-6 overall and 5-1 in the PSAC last season. The Crimson Hawks went on to win the PSAC Tournament and advanced to the NCAA Championships, where they won their opening match. Jarka Petercakova was a First Team All-PSAC selection.
• Lafayette went 7-16 overall and 1-6 in the Patriot League last season before falling to Army West Point in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament.
• Loyola (Md.) went 8-9 overall and 1-4 in the Patriot League last season before losing to Boston University in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament.
• Mount St. Mary’s went 7-13 overall and 1-4 in the NEC last season before falling to Bryant in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament. Alexa Quintanilla made the NEC All-Rookie Team.
• Saint Francis went 8-12 overall and 3-1 in the NEC last season before falling to LIU Brooklyn in the semifinal round of the conference tournament. Laura Gutierrez and Lucia Seigford were named to the NEC All-Rookie Team.
• Bucknell will host the Bison Invite on Sept. 15-17.