Setting the Scene
(Saturday, Oct. 8 – 2 p.m.)
What: Bucknell (3-13, 1-3 PL) at Loyola (4-11, 1-3 PL)
Where: Reitz Arena (Baltimore, Md.)
Live Stats: LoyolaGreyhounds.com
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
About the Bison
* Bucknell is 3-13 overall and 1-3 in the Patriot League after a 3-0 win over Lafayette. The Bison’s league losses came to American, Lehigh and Navy, all on the road.
*Sophomore Blake Buchholz just missed a double-double in the win over the Leopards, tallying 12 kills and nine digs. Freshmen Bridgette Holland and Mimi Richards combined for 15 kills and just on error on 29 attacks.
* Holland is hitting .271 on the season, which ranks eighth in the Patriot League. Over the past two matches, she has 23 kills, one error, and a .489 hitting percentage. She has six matches with double-digit kills this season and hit at least .300 in five of those matches.
* Junior Luz Nagle has at least 20 assists in three of the past five matches. She registered a career-high 35 in a five-set match against Buffalo.
* Holland and junior Hailey Stout have appeared in all 60 sets this season.
* Bucknell is 5-4 in its past nine Patriot League matches dating back to last season.
* Richards leads the conference in blocks per set (1.08).
* The match against Colgate is the first of six straight for the Bison at Davis Gym.
* Loyola is 4-11 overall and 1-3 in the Patriot League after a 3-1 loss to Army West Point. The Greyhounds have league losses to Lehigh and Lafayette, while their loss came against Holy Cross.
* Ann Ernst ranks third in the Patriot League in kills/set (3.89).
* The Greyhounds were picked ninth in the Patriot League preseason poll.
* Colgate is 7-8 overall and 3-1 in the Patriot League after wins over Navy and Lehigh. The Raiders also have a win over Holy Cross and a loss to Army West Point.
* Kathleen Harris was voted the Patriot League Preseason Player of the Year. She ranks fourth in the conference in kills/set (3.53).
* Colgate was picked to finish third in the league’s preseason poll.
Series History with Loyola
* Bucknell leads the all-time series 11-7. The teams first met in 1984.
* The Bison have won four straight and eight of the last nine.
* Blake Buchholz averaged 11.5 kills with a .538 hitting percentage and 10.0 digs in two wins over the Greyhounds last season. Hailey Stout averaged 7.5 kills with a .333 hitting percentage and 3.5 block assists.
Series History with Colgate
* Colgate leads the all-time series 37-22. The teams first met in 1984.
* The Raiders have won 11 straight matches in the series.
* Bucknell’s last win was by a 3-2 score in 2010.
* American is the last unbeaten team in league play with a record of 4-0.
* Lehigh (4-1), Army West Point (3-1), and Colgate (3-1) round out the top four teams.
* Bucknell will host Army West Point on Friday, Oct. 14, and Holy Cross on Saturday, Oct. 15.