Promotion: Free water bottle courtesy of GIANT
What: Boston University (8-11, 3-6 PL) at Bucknell (12-8, 6-3 PL)
Where: Sojka Pavilion (Lewisburg, Pa.)
When: Saturday, Jan. 27 (2 p.m.)
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: BucknellBison.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (9.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.7 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (2.6 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 0.8 apg)
G: Kate Walker (12.0 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.3 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (11.7 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.1 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (6.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.2 apg)
With a Win Over Boston University, Bucknell Would ...
• improve to 13-8 overall and 7-3 in the Patriot League.
• improve to 8-3 at home this season.
• improve to 38-4 at Sojka Pavilion over the last three seasons.
• improve to 9-1 in the all-time series with the Terriers.
• up its winning streak in the series to nine games.
• improve to 215-175 all-time in Patriot League play.
• improve to 40-6 in Patriot League play over the last three seasons.
• Bucknell opens the second half of the league schedule with a home game against Boston University on Saturday at Sojka Pavilion. The Bison have won three of their past four games, including a 47-39 victory over second-place Navy on Wednesday.
• With Wednesday's win, Bucknell moved into a three-way tie with Navy and Lehigh for second place in the league standings. The three teams sit at 6-3 in the conference, while American has distanced itself from the crowd at 9-0.
• Bucknell turned in a solid defensive effort against Navy, holding the league's top scoring offense -- the Mids entered at 70.9 ppg -- to its lowest point total of the season. The Bison now rank 48th in the nation in scoring defense, allowing 58.6 ppg.
• The Bison have had plenty of success against Boston University and have had different players step up throughout the series. Five different players have led the team in scoring during Bucknell's current eight-game winning streak in the series. Kate Walker paced the team with 22 points in a 66-50 win at Boston last season, while Kyi English scored a team-high 21 points in a 63-58 win at Boston earlier this year.
• The Bison are 40-of-46 from the foul line over the past three games and rank second in the Patriot League and 42nd in the nation in free throw percentage. They finished first in the conference in free throw percentage in three of the past four seasons and have shot over 70 percent from the line in each of the past six seasons.
• With a double-digit rebounding margin in six of its past seven games, Bucknell has jumped to 23rd in the nation with a +8.6 margin. That ranks first in the Patriot League, with Army West Point in second at +3.7.
• Including this season, Bucknell has been by far the best team in league play over the last three seasons, posting a record of 39-6. That's seven games better than the next best, which is Army West Point at 32-13. Navy is third at 29-16.
• The Bison have also found a ton of success in the month of January in recent seasons, hitting their stride at the start of the league schedule The Bison are 21-3 in January over the last three seasons. They have lost just one home game in January since 2015.
• No conference opponent has a current winning streak of more than one game against Bucknell. The Bison have current win streaks of eight against Boston University, seven against Lafayette, six against Navy, five against Colgate, and three against Army West Point. They also won the most recent matchup with Holy Cross.
About Boston University
• Boston University is 8-11 overall and 3-6 in the Patriot League after dropping its past four games to Holy Cross (60-57), American (66-50), Navy (64-59), and Lafayette (47-45).
• Four of the Terriers' six league losses have come by five points or less, including a 63-58 defeat to Bucknell in Boston.
• Boston started the league schedule 3-2, including wins over Army West Point (60-59), Loyola (75-56), and Colgate (62-49).
• The Terriers rank first in the Patriot League in blocks, averaging 4.89 per game. Sophie Beaudry, a 6-5 center, is second individually at 1.7 per game.
How to Get the Game
• Saturday's game can be seen online free of charge on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at BucknellBison.com
Bucknell vs. Boston University Series Notes
• Bucknell and Boston University will meet for the 10 time. The Bison hold an 8-1 lead with all
nine games being played during Aaron Roussell's time as head coach.
• The Bison have won eight straight games in the series, including a 63-58 victory in Boston earlier this season.
• Kyi English scored 21 points on 7-of-12 shooting, including a 3-of-4 mark from beyond the arc, in the win this season. Kaitlyn Slagus had a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 257-233 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 214-175 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won three Patriot League titles and have played in the title game four times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is 156th out of 351 teams in the latest RPI.
• Boston University is ranked 185th in the RPI.
Career Highs Set Last Game
Autumn Ceppi — points (3), 3-point field goals made (1)
• Bucknell will play at Lafayette on Saturday, Feb. 3, at 2 p.m.